2014 WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run Photos

TheStick

To be fair, you got to follow us on the Rubicon and I made sure to take everyone on the easiest lines through. For instance, I took you down the Slabs rather than the Old Sluice which is technically part of the original Rubicon Trail. There are also plenty of places where one could get confused and a bit lost like around Buck Island Lake and just after. In fact, I believe that the back half of our group did get lost and had to do some back tracking. And, even if you wanted to take the Little Sluice bypass, you'd have to know where they are and which one to take. Depending on which way you go, 35's and no lockers can be really tough especially if you don't know the best routes. Just putting some perspective on things.

Good info. Still waiting to get a chance to run the trail, I can definitely see why you want to run it with someone familiar with it first. I'm on 35's (but with lockers) and have no problem taking the easier way through!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can I get on the list for next year now? Sucks that buying a house kept us from going on this trip... Priorities & all :bleh: what a great trip we missed :grayno:

Bummer that you weren't able to join us on this one but for sure you'll have to join us on the next :thumb:

:doh: I just wanted to see if the other guys would follow me.

LOL!! You weren't who I was thinking about but really, it could have been anyone :crazyeyes:

I hate my boss for not letting me take the days off for this run lol looks like you guys had a blast someday I will join 

Hope that you'll be able to make the next one. :yup:

Oh absolutely. This being my first Rubicon run, I would have been lost for sure if I had not had an experienced guide. I was just meaning that the little sluice isnt the hardest obsticle on the trail and that it COULD be done on 35's. With me being on 37's, there were still some bump and grind going on! :yup: :thumb: ....though I quickly attempted to hide the evidence :blush:

LOL!! I'm sure you made GCM 2 proud :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great pics! Thanks again Eddie & Cindy!

You bet! It's was great that you were able to join us and hope you'll join us on future runs too :yup:

Great pics Eddie and Cindy!

Sucks that the only ones my rig made it into were because it was broken :(

I'll just go with the story of breaking it intentionally to get into some pics! 

FYI- I will be carrying front and rear spare driveshafts, and switching to chromoly d60 shafts from now on...

Well, at least you were able to get fixed up pretty quick and meet up with us in camp :yup:

Its not that cold... Really... It feels refreshing after you get out!!! HAHAHA

Thanks for a great time Eddie and Cindy, and for all the great pics!!! Cant wait to go on another adventure.

:cheesy: I wish I could have filmed you right when your head came up out of the water and you tried speaking :cheesy:

Good info. Still waiting to get a chance to run the trail, I can definitely see why you want to run it with someone familiar with it first. I'm on 35's (but with lockers) and have no problem taking the easier way through!

Well, you would have been welcome to join us and hope you will on future runs :yup:

TheStick

Well, you would have been welcome to join us and hope you will on future runs :yup:

I'll definitely be in :thumb: Only thing keeping me back right now are some good rock rails. I've pushed the stock rubi rails more than I'd like, want some beef there :D

jkjurny

I'll definitely be in :thumb: Only thing keeping me back right now are some good rock rails. I've pushed the stock rubi rails more than I'd like, want some beef there :D

The stock rock rails worked just fine for me this year. There were less scratches than I thought there would be too, and I'm running 35's.

JAGS

Hooked
The stock rock rails worked just fine for me this year. There were less scratches than I thought there would be too, and I'm running 35's.

You weren't trying hard enough then. ;):cheesy:

John (drtnwtr) and I were trying to use our sliders as pivot points. He has the LoD and I have EVO. We managed a couple cool pivots and slider slams and both manufacturers held up great as expected.

Brockah

That is brilliant! I would have never thought of using the winch for steering. Also do y'all have a list or calendar for where y'all go throughout he year and how to get connected with y'all to go on These runs
BONUS VIDEO CLIPS

Oh, almost forgot, here are two short videos that Cindy and I took with our iPhones that I think were fun enough to share along with this thread. The first is of ttfhell, OverlanderJK, Scuba Steve and Irish JK riding the rope swing and taking a dip into the frigid waters of the Rubicon River....

The second video is a clip of me using a winch to remotely steer Brian's Jeep as he wheeled it up Cadillac Hill...

:cool:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That is brilliant! I would have never thought of using the winch for steering. Also do y'all have a list or calendar for where y'all go throughout he year and how to get connected with y'all to go on These runs

First welcome to Wayalife. Now that you are here you will see runs posted up in the upcoming trips & destinations section. That's where you will find info on the runs and when they will be. :thumb:

TheStick

I'm a wuss :D

It's more the fear of when things don't go as planned. They have worked well for me as well, knowing when I'll be coming down on them and ease onto them. Also no protection from sliding sideways into a rock.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I just watched the video on steering Brian’s Jeep with the winch … :shock::eek: YOU GOTTA BE SHITTING ME! That was just: ingenious, sick, crazy, funny, amazing, etc … :thumb::yup:

I just watched the video on steering Brian’s Jeep with the winch … :shock::eek: YOU GOTTA BE SHITTING ME! That was just: ingenious, sick, crazy, funny, amazing, etc … :thumb::yup:

x2 :rock:

It was crazier to be sitting in the drivers seat, only able to control the throttle! :crazyeyes:

KenB1010

Great pictures, I wish I was able to be there with you. Great idea using the winch to steer. That must'a been really odd just being the thottle guy with a dead stick. LOL

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Looks like another memorable wayalife adventure. Glad to hear everyone made it off. And some new trail break solutions were successfully tried. I will be there next time.:yup:

JJM

Awesome pictures! Looks like a great trip. Hope to have a Jeep capable enough to do this sometime in the very near future.

StrizzyChris

I can happily and easily say that I had a huge grin on my face as I looked through all of these photos! This was one insanely fun run put together by Eddie and Cindy and I cant thank them enough for doing this.

I would also like to say that every member that went on this run rocks! With 25 rigs and over 50 people on this run there was not one shit head and that's a tough feat. Everyone was down for a good time and made the trail and camp seem like a group of old friends that have known each other for years. Cheers to a great run and hopefully many more in the future! :drinks:

I still get a tingle in my silly spot thinking about this trip...cant wait to make another run with the crew again this coming spring/summer! ;)

StrizzyChris

Welcome to Wayalife!

Thanks. Good to be around fellow wheelers and not rollin solo anymore! :rock:

fat-guy-on-scooter-300x225.jpg

Top Bottom