Hammock Camping

bkac

Caught the Bug
Getting ready to purchase 4 myself, need to start packing lighter for better ground clearance when the family comes, Gonna try it out at the rubicon in a couple weeks, should be nice and cool at night, the kids tried them and loved it. Looking for light camping ideas...

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Briguy114

Getting ready to purchase 4 myself, need to start packing lighter for better ground clearance when the family comes, Gonna try it out at the rubicon in a couple weeks, should be nice and cool at night, the kids tried them and loved it. Looking for light camping ideas...

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

You'll love it. Hopefully it won't be too cold at night because anything below about 65-70 degrees and your butt starts to get cold. Do a google search about hammock camping and you'll find some very helpful forums with a lot of information

hbkid22

You'll love it. Hopefully it won't be too cold at night because anything below about 65-70 degrees and your butt starts to get cold. Do a google search about hammock camping and you'll find some very helpful forums with a lot of information

Yes it can be cold but buy an under quilt as well. It will be one of the best purchases you make. A full sleeping bag will still be cold since you lose all insulation on the underside when you compress it while in it. An under quilt is a must. You can try pads but it's not as comfortable.

Yes my family and I are huge hammock lovers! We all have them and use them in all seasons. I've actually made pea pods for ours so we can be insulated in colder weather. I've slept in mine in a snow storm in Tahoe and stayed warm and dry!

Here is a photo of us camping on the rubicon :thumb:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410483279.210956.jpg

Rivalicon

I just finish camping last weekend with my Hennessy II. I love my hammock. I have a bad back and sleeping on the hammock makes all the difference... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410492156.191887.jpg

just bought one for the labor day trip. was nice to pass out in and will
be buying more for the future and hopefully get a line on peteys pod bc it was sick

Jday14

Me and a couple buddies went on a 3 day fishing trip down or up the new river (it flows north) and hammock camped along the way. It was my first time and it was awesome. Easy to setup and very comfortable. Here is a couple pics from our adventure.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410596101.313869.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410596135.689912.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410596153.154279.jpg

Top Bottom