Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Organizations trying close 4x4 trails

Ok, I'm hope someone can help me out. Talking with my professor today about a possible paper, and I said that I may do one one on people trying to keep trails open and people trying to close them down. Professor said it was good except that I did have any names of people or organizations trying to close trails. Google didn't yeild any results so I'm hoping that some of you all can help. Who is/are trying to close trails down, who are these environmentalists that want us and other 4x4s off of state property. Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by MR.Ty; 07-07-2014 at 07:08 PM. Reason: because my spelling...
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

2015 will forever be known as, "The year of the Fucks Founding Forums and Facebook Groups".

I would guess nearly any wilderness protection group, or enviornmental protection group?

Sierra club comes to mind but I could be wrong.
    Locally the US dept of fish and wildlife has pushed for closi g hiking and mountain bike trails.

Search for articles on trails closing and they should site the agencies or groups who support or applaud it.
    Last edited by SDG; 07-07-2014 at 07:19 PM.
    '14 JKUR

Knows a Thing or Two jeff_in_rc's Avatar
    Sierra Club, The Center for Biological Diversity, and any other "environmental" group you can think of.

It's sad that these groups want to keep man from the planet itself so I say, go live under a rock...........on the moon!
    2004 RED TJ Rubicon
    Member of the Gear Grinders 4WD Club

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_in_rc View Post
    Sierra Club, The Center for Biological Diversity, and any other "environmental" group you can think of.

It's sad that these groups want to keep man from the planet itself so I say, go live under a rock...........on the moon!
    Holy S***, thanks that is what I was looking for. I agree, hope that commercial space travel is available soon. They need to just leave.
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

2015 will forever be known as, "The year of the Fucks Founding Forums and Facebook Groups".

Add the Southern Environmental law center to the list, here in NC they successfully closed the Tellico trails in the mountains and now they are trying to close beach driving in the Cape Hatteras National Sea Shore. Also groups like trout unlimited are always pushing for trail closure.
    2013 Billet Silver JKU Sahara

As mentioned, the Sierra Club is the biggest one working against us. In California, they successfully closed a ton of trails about 2 years ago by suing the National Parks Service for not doing an environmental impact study of vehicles crossing a meadow. The Park Services decided that they didn't have the funds to do this so, they just closed the trails down.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    As mentioned, the Sierra Club is the biggest one working against us. In California, they successfully closed a ton of trails about 2 years ago by suing the National Parks Service for not doing an environmental impact study of vehicles crossing a meadow. The Park Services decided that they didn't have the funds to do this so, they just closed the trails down.
    That is a frustrating thing to know. Since I started this thread the little research I've done has yielded quite a bit of info about both the economical and environmental impact general OHV use has. The sad reality is that if there was a way to keep the few s*** heads from really tearing up the land it would take away a huge part of the argument the "environmentalists have.
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

The Sierra club shut down all camping here at lake berryessa in Sonoma county a few years back even taking away people's vacation property, the lake my family vacationed since I was 2 years old (which is a very long time ago) my brother was a very active member of the blue ribbon coalition and fought them till the day he died

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Ty View Post
    Ok, I'm hope someone can help me out. Talking with my professor today about a possible paper, and I said that I may do one one on people trying to keep trails open and people trying to close them down. Professor said it was good except that I did have any names of people or organizations trying to close trails. Google didn't yeild any results so I'm hoping that some of you all can help. Who is/are trying to close trails down, who are these environmentalists that want us and other 4x4s off of state property. Thanks for any info.
    Contact CORVA. They would be able to help since they are on the front lines of defending our trails. At the same time, give them the $30 to become a member. It's the least we can do.

As Eddie mentioned, research the trail closures in El Dorado County, CA. 42 trails shut down. I believe some were partially reopened.

If I remember right, there is a group fighting the decision but I cannot remember who.

Here is one that popped up for me.

http://www.laketahoenews.net/2012/04...unty-is-wrong/