Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    The Sierra club shut down all camping here at lake berryessa in Sonoma county a few years back even taking away people's vacation property, the lake my family vacationed since I was 2 years old (which is a very long time ago) my brother was a very active member of the blue ribbon coalition and fought them till the day he died
    Really? That sucks! I used to go up there and camp when I was in college @ Davis. I was just there a few years ago on a houseboat for a friends bachelor party. Beautiful area, that is sooooo lame!

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app
    '14 JKUR

Aren’t there cases of these people being eco-terrorists as well? Putting spike strips along trails or blocking them off rocks and down trees. I can only imagine how upset I would be if I ran over a spike strip miles away from civilization.
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Ty View Post
    Aren’t there cases of these people being eco-terrorists as well? Putting spike strips along trails or blocking them off rocks and down trees. I can only imagine how upset I would be if I ran over a spike strip miles away from civilization.
    There are cases of that. The most recent one I heard about was on a bike trail someone put a wire about neck level across the trail.
    If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending.

Type in "Earth First!" In Google and read the Wiki write up. These "people" are scary. I heard stories about them running piano wire neck high in tunnels in the desert.

Sent from iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2014 Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon, 4.0" TERAFLEX
    37x12.50R17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT, Raceline Monster 232, Warn HS9500 Pure Jeep Front, M.O.R.E. W/tire CarrierRear, JK Trailgater, Midland CB,

Basically any organization that supports democrat causes, or politician that has a (d) after their name. Be sure to check the latest move to declare the high sierras as a endangered habitat for the Yellow Legged Frog and Yosemite Toad or something like that.

Also look into the organizations and businesses that are funding them. Follow the money as they say.
    Jesse Hires

Quote Originally Posted by jhires View Post
    Also look into the organizations and businesses that are funding them. Follow the money as they say.
    Will do. So far I haven't found exactly who funds them other than their members.
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

Quote Originally Posted by jason08JK View Post
    Type in "Earth First!" In Google and read the Wiki write up. These "people" are scary. I heard stories about them running piano wire neck high in tunnels in the desert.

Sent from iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Complete with a bombing and everything.
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

Quote Originally Posted by BONDSY View Post
    Basically any organization that supports democrat causes, or politician that has a (d) after their name. Be sure to check the latest move to declare the high sierras as a endangered habitat for the Yellow Legged Frog and Yosemite Toad or something like that.
    That is upsetting that we could loose access to trails because of a frog....
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

Knows a Thing or Two jeff_in_rc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BONDSY View Post
    And DON'T forget that these same people hire people to "plant" a bug or lizard that does not and cannot live in that area just to try to get it closed. I don't remember the details but a lizard was used for this purpose once and I will say thankfully the the USFS saw thru the ruse and ruled against the nut jobs.

We all in the off-road world need to get our sh!t together to become a force to reckon with. Dirt bikes, quads, OHV's, UTV's, ATV's, 4X4's all need to work as one big group to fight for our right to use public lands in a responsible way, not to be locked out of OUR public lands by anybody! Can I get a "hell ya?"
    2004 RED TJ Rubicon
    Member of the Gear Grinders 4WD Club