2014 Amp'ed or 2015 Polar Blue

KenB1010

I just left Bakersfield Jeep. I looked at a really nice 2014 Sahara in Amp'ed which I really liked,but the wife thought was kind of puke orange. Then we reviewed our options in ordering a 2015. amp'ed isn't available, but that Polar Blue color looks really good. wifey likes it too.

Ah, desiccions:
1. buy a 07-11 model for under 18,000 (good luck) and put a 5.3 LS in
2. Buy the 2014 Amp'ed now (immediate gratification) and make the wife puke.
3. order a 2015 in Polar Blue.

What say you. 👊😎👊

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I would go with the Amp'd just because I really like it but, there might be some new features coming in 2015 to make it worth the wait. Either way, I would go with 2 or 3 way before I would get an 07-11 even with an LS. The 3.6L motor will still deliver 285 HP which is close to a 5.3 LS and it'll be all factory with a warranty. Also, you won't have any overheating issues. :yup:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I just left Bakersfield Jeep. I looked at a really nice 2014 Sahara in Amp'ed which I really liked,but the wife thought was kind of puke orange. Then we reviewed our options in ordering a 2015. amp'ed isn't available, but that Polar Blue color looks really good. wifey likes it too.

Ah, desiccions:

What say you. 👊😎👊

Finally moving to a 4 door!!

I don't know what either color looks like, but you can never go wrong with orange!!

KingCopperhead

Buy a 14 copperhead if you like orange :)

To be fair, if I was ordering a 15, I'd go polar blue. Seen it in person and it's amazing. Also, the 3.6 is definitely a legit powerplant. I'm running 35"s with the 3.73 gears on a manual transmission 2 door and it's totally liveable for around town and most highway driving. I test drove a 2011 with 32"s and the 3.8 motor, and it felt completely gutless. My 97 TJ with 170k miles felt stronger with 3.07 gears and 33's

Tldr: the 3.6 is a beast.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

KenB1010

Hi Pigina jeep, long time no hear. - LOL, yup a 4 door is in my future.

Hi Eddie, Ya, I'm definitely thinking about the down side of the 5.3. But if I could find a 07-11 jeep for cheap enough, it has that extra 100HP. Plus I'm just going to cut off all the jeep parts and replace them anyway. I think it's really a mute point because the resale values are soo high that it is actually cheaper to buy a new jeep than it is to buy a used one (in terms of LS $ that is)

Ah, desiccions:

What say you. 

If it were me - I'd find a 2014 Granite Crystal, but since that's not one of your options... I'd say go with the 2015 in Blue. I like that color! :thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
I'd say 3 then 2. I'm also curious to know what the "extra" features might be that Eddie eluded to. If they aren't anything that special, you may still be able to find a new 2014 in amped that you can upgrade and maybe get a better deal on if it's been sitting around.

- Jason

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
If it were me, of those choices, I would go Polar Blue. I am, of course, partial to blue Jeeps! Its just a really nice color. I agree with Eddie on the 5.3 as well. For all of the money and potential headaches, I would just go with the 3.6L. Although I had a few issues with my 13', I have had 0 motor issues with my 14', so I am guessing they ironed the issues out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eddie, Ya, I'm definitely thinking about the down side of the 5.3. But if I could find a 07-11 jeep for cheap enough, it has that extra 100HP. Plus I'm just going to cut off all the jeep parts and replace them anyway. I think it's really a mute point because the resale values are soo high that it is actually cheaper to buy a new jeep than it is to buy a used one (in terms of LS $ that is)

Actually, between a newer 3.6L and a 5.3L, I think the HP gain is only about 40 or so. In my opinion, not enough to be worth doing when you could just get a brand new JK with a warranty. And, like you said, the resale value of JK's is pretty high and it might not be enough of a savings to make it a deal.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Actually, between a newer 3.6L and a 5.3L, I think the HP gain is only about 40 or so. In my opinion, not enough to be worth doing when you could just get a brand new JK with a warranty. And, like you said, the resale value of JK's is pretty high and it might not be enough of a savings to make it a deal.

Don't forget that you'd be gaining V8 sound with a 5.3 :thumb:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
LOL, I'll just get the V-8 audio file and save the LS $.

I think that there will be a 2014 Unlimited Rubi Amp'ed in the stable soon.

I don't mind the Amp'd color, but it reminds me of all the '70s and '80s colors that my dad referred to as "baby s**t yellow". My choice would be polar blue, there's one running around town that's armored up with black wheels, looks pretty sick.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
LOL, I'll just get the V-8 audio file and save the LS $.

I think that there will be a 2014 Unlimited Rubi Amp'ed in the stable soon.

Awesome! I love the Amp'ed color!

main.php

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I forgot about seeing this picture. Now I know where Overlander got his inspiration... :cool:

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

Ha! I actually forgot about that picture too. I actually always wanted painted slabs after seeing moby's painted rings for the first time.

Top Bottom