Will the 2017 Jeep JL Wrangler Target the "Soft" SUV Market?

KingCopperhead

Pretty sure I saw the fuel needle move closer to "e" the last time I tried to pass someone going up a hill. I need gears :-(

Ironic that the 500 hp car I traded in for this jeep got better gas mileage. Rolling in a monster jeep is worth the cost. I'm smiling either way :):)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nailed it on the head. There are so many stock Sahara JKU's in Calgary it is ridiculous. They are the ones who do not wave no matter who is driving. Rubi and sport JK/JKU drivers tend to wave. People with mods wave. Most CJ and TJ's wave unless it is a high school kid. Oh and one bitter old man in a TJ in my neighbourhood won't wave....
No offense to those on this community who fit my non-wave groups. If you're on this forum I am guessing you wave anyway. Cause you "get it".

"Most CJ and TJ's wave unless it is a high school kid" As a high school kid I highly disagree with that statement. I love the Jeep wave! Never miss a chance to salute a fellow Jeeper! :thumb:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Which is why the Wrangler will die. Most mall crawlers and soccer moms because they fantasize about being like those of us that spend way to money on their jeeps.

It may be a short term success, but in the long term the Wrangler will be just another crossover vehicle.

If the offroader won't buy it, why would anyone else.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exactly, just like when Nissan took this:

nissan%20pics%20010.jpg

And eventually made it into this:

214384.jpg

Bye bye cojones!

08H3

I really hope Jeep doesn't screw up the way Hummer did. There were other issues, but I have no doubt a part of Hummer's demise was the desire to market to wanna' be rap stars.

MileHi

As stated before because of the sheer amount of stocker JKU's here in Colorado I have to go with the "no mods no wave" moniker. Otherwise the wave is wasted and not returned.

But it's not to be a jerk...and just about any mod counts in my book...a replacement bumper or decent aftermarket tires are all I need.

And unfortunately Rubi's also don't get an automatic wave. There's a gal in the office. Nice and ya the soccer mom profile (which is not a bad thing.) She's got the JKU Rubi so I went out on a limb and went straight for the transfer case. The glaze was immediate so I think I asked her how she decided on the color. In hindsight the TC was a little much to go for right off the bat but it told me what I needed to know. It's cool. She likes it and someday someone will get a nice builder.

Last edited:
Top Bottom