NEVER talk to the police!

shadow21

Hello Everyone, first off let me apologize for the idiotic statements made under my account.

Well I am seriously embarrassed at the action of someone I thought I could trust to watch my home while on vacation with my fiancé. I have been gone since 2/19 Besides sending a few messages about body armor I haven't been on this forum. When my Fiancé and I returned home we found the house a wreck (glad I put all of the car keys in the safe) and a few idiotic FB posts made on his behalf on my account (a joke according to him) honestly I'm surprised he even got on to this site to talk shit here. I figured that paying him a decent amount of money to stay at the house and take care of the dogs that I wouldn't be coming home to repair relationships in my personal life as well as friendships gained over the web. Not to mention repairing holes in my wall and restocking the bar and possibly going to by a new couch tomorrow depending on if I can get this stains out. I want to take a min and apologize to any and all Police Officer who were offended by his posts under my account and I hope you understand that those are not my views but the views of a 21 year old punk college kid who as no respect for anyone or anything. I seriously have no words other than a I am truly sorry.

I know that this site is pass code protected and things like FB are but I left him the code to my Netflix, WiFi, and the computer. That way he could do his home work from my house. Being that everything in my house is Mac it saves my log ins (regardless of how long its ben since I've been there) to certain websites like this one and FB. Which gave him the ability to log in to my FB and start saying all kinds of racial slurs to long time friends that now Ive had to call and apologize for. Again everyone I'm sorry that it made it all the way here.

I should also say that this kid has never been a FF nor has he had a job I do not know where all of this has come from as I've known him since i was 11 and he was 3. His Father was my baseball coach while growing up and I that goes to show you that you really can't trust anyone. Lesson learned on my part I guess.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Hello Everyone, first off let me apologize for the idiotic statements made under my account.

Well I am seriously embarrassed at the action of someone I thought I could trust to watch my home while on vacation with my fiancé. I have been gone since 2/19 Besides sending a few messages about body armor I haven't been on this forum. When my Fiancé and I returned home we found the house a wreck (glad I put all of the car keys in the safe) and a few idiotic FB posts made on his behalf on my account (a joke according to him) honestly I'm surprised he even got on to this site to talk shit here. I figured that paying him a decent amount of money to stay at the house and take care of the dogs that I wouldn't be coming home to repair relationships in my personal life as well as friendships gained over the web. Not to mention repairing holes in my wall and restocking the bar and possibly going to by a new couch tomorrow depending on if I can get this stains out. I want to take a min and apologize to any and all Police Officer who were offended by his posts under my account and I hope you understand that those are not my views but the views of a 21 year old punk college kid who as no respect for anyone or anything. I seriously have no words other than a I am truly sorry.

I know that this site is pass code protected and things like FB are but I left him the code to my Netflix, WiFi, and the computer. That way he could do his home work from my house. Being that everything in my house is Mac it saves my log ins (regardless of how long its ben since I've been there) to certain websites like this one and FB. Which gave him the ability to log in to my FB and start saying all kinds of racial slurs to long time friends that now Ive had to call and apologize for. Again everyone I'm sorry that it made it all the way here.

I should also say that this kid has never been a FF nor has he had a job I do not know where all of this has come from as I've known him since i was 11 and he was 3. His Father was my baseball coach while growing up and I that goes to show you that you really can't trust anyone. Lesson learned on my part I guess.

This is the dumbest excuse I've ever heard. You claim you have a gun permit, threaten people over the internet, get scared after you thought of your actions acting like a complete idiot, then fabricate this excuse.

StrizzyChris

Sooo...not gonna lie, that's a pretty lame story! I don't agree with much of what you (ahem your "hacked account" ) said....but I respect your right to say it. What I respect more is someone who stands behind what they say and own it. This is pathetic!

David1tontj

Pics or it didn't happen!!

Also- don't you have wal on your phone? You should get notifications every time you are quoted, and that has been a lot.

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Slept on it. This is the dumbest fable I've ever heard. Congrats shadow 21. Maybe he hacked your account prior to this also, might explain a lot of the dumb things you've said in the past.

TheStick

You do realize that the Constitution and all of those pesky little amendments we call the Bill of Rights are just a bunch of rules, right?

They are rules for the government, to protect the rights of the citizens.

Edit* BTW, my account was hacked. So if you disagree with what I am saying, it was not me. If however you do agree, right on brotha!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
They are rules for the government, to protect the rights of the citizens.

They constrain, in certain circumstances, the ability of "government" to impose laws on citizens. In turn, the laws constrain what citizens can and cannot do. All of it, from top to bottom, is a series of rules. Like I said earlier in this thread; if you or anyone else thinks the Bill of Rights is absolute, you are sorely mistaken.

Really? it was hacked while you were away? you do know we can look at your profile and look at every post that you have posted. back during that time frame you have been commenting on a lot of stuff the entire time, so are you saying the 44 posts since 2/19 are not you? doubtful.

Voodoo Actual

Hmm. Not really sure how to address this. He, or whoever, said...a lot.

The...user, seemed to put a lot of emphasis on heir CCW - I suppose I can address that.

I will preface this:
I strongly believe in the 2A and in the individuals Right to defend themselves, their family (including pets/livestock), and their property. I am an avid shooter, collector, smith, and armorer. I am a life NRA member, and a NAGR member. I instruct locally and at one of the largest institutes.

Generally speaking, there are two types of individuals when it comes to making contact and firearms (three if you include the people who don't say anything, which is fine with me).

When you are run it shows if you have a CCW. When contact is made, sometime you see the firearm openly. Sometimes you see it printing. Sometimes you see a case or the firearm tucked in between a seat.

Here is where you see the split:
When asked what they are carrying (this is a weapon in plain sight. Not a randomly asked question of if you're armed) they'll say, a G17. Or a 1911. They aren't rude about it. From there is say something like, oh sweet, those are good guns. I'm gonna make you a deal. I'll keep my hands off of mine if you keep your hands off of yours. That is the last firearms are mentioned during contact. This is most people. Some simply say they aren't comfortable providing that information, which is fine too.

The other guy:
Same question based on the same parameters. This is the guy who gets angry and hostile. Their tone changes. Their mannerisms change. They give you they, I know my Rights, I'm not talking to you, I plead the 5th. Which is funny because you aren't being asked any incriminating questions so that doesn't make any sense.

As soon as they go all Adam Henry, this is how the rest of that contact goes:
Sir, I need you to exit the vehicle facing away from me. Place your hands behind your back, sticky side in, interlace your fingers, and spread your feet. Do you understand? (Usually a Yes). Do it now. This can take anywhere from 10 seconds to 10 mins. Playing games will only make you late, not me. Physical contact is made and they get some sweet bracelets and it gets explained that they are not under arrest at this time. They get walked back to the front of my vehicle and they get frisked for weapons. If the weapon is on them I will remove it and place the weapon out of their sight. Then our business will be carried on. When we are through, they are walked back to their vehicle. They are advised the restraints are about to be removed - I am going to remove your bracelets. I need you to leave your hands at the small of your back once your hands have been freed. Do you understand (usually a Yes)? They are freed and told to take a seat and sit tight. When they get their weapon back it's probably going to be disassembled and in an evidence bag. Followed with, here is your weapon. Do not assemble and load your weapon until I am clear and out of sight. Do you understand (usually a Yes).

The point is, not all LEO's will be the same so you have to read that. The same way they have to read you. If an LEO feels you really need to learn a lessen, they can jam you up. A CCW does not mean you are a nice and reasonable guy. Statistically it means you are probably a good person but just because you have it, you are not immediately qualified as a saint. You can be a non-threat or a liability. That is largely up to you.

Last edited:

TheStick

They constrain, in certain circumstances, the ability of "government" to impose laws on citizens. In turn, the laws constrain what citizens can and cannot do. All of it, from top to bottom, is a series of rules. Like I said earlier in this thread; if you or anyone else thinks the Bill of Rights is absolute, you are sorely mistaken.

Please sight an example of a portion of the Bill of Rights that constrain the rights of the people.

You are a lawyer, correct? I understand that as a lawyer, your job requires you to interpret and find grey areas within the law. There are times that finding those grey areas, with finding a reasonable interpretation are beneficial. Many laws are not written well. There are other times that the original intent of laws are completely twisted.

So I understand nothing is absolute, but I also find myself to be enough of a reasonable person to understand the intent of the Bill of Rights. They were/are intended to protect the citizens from the government. Written because the founders were well aware of the potential of corruption bread from power.

I know I am more of a constitutionalist than most.

pastorwug

Please sight an example of a portion of the Bill of Rights that constrain the rights of the people.

You are a lawyer, correct? I understand that as a lawyer, your job requires you to interpret and find grey areas within the law. There are times that finding those grey areas, with finding a reasonable interpretation are beneficial. Many laws are not written well. There are other times that the original intent of laws are completely twisted.

So I understand nothing is absolute, but I also find myself to be enough of a reasonable person to understand the intent of the Bill of Rights. They were/are intended to protect the citizens from the government. Written because the founders were well aware of the potential of corruption bread from power.

I know I am more of a constitutionalist than most.

Even I know one - you can't yell "FIRE!" in a theatre in the name of free speech.

But now I recall that's not in the BOR - it's in the Con.

pastorwug

It's not in either. It is an interpretation of the limits of the 1st Amendment.

Why wouldn't that then apply? :thinking:

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.

TheStick

Why wouldn't that then apply? :thinking:

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.

I'm a little lost. How does that limit the rights of the people? It is all a limitation of the government.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

I think you are missing my point. My point is simply that they are all rules. Some of the rules apply to the government and how the government then applies rules to the people. You quoted a passage about rules and fools, I simply pointed out that the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are rules (e.g. laws), just like any another laws.

I'll answer your question though because it's easy. The Bill of Rights constrains the behavior of individuals because the Bill of Rights is not absolute. I need look no further than the first sentence of the First Amendment to prove my point:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...."

Do you think the gov't can't pass laws preventing human sacrifice as part of "the free exercise" of religion? What about laws against religious ceremonies involving the mutilation of animals? How about laws against the use of LSD in religious ceremonies? Of course the gov't can pass such laws, even though the laws CLEARLY violate the simple words of the First Amendment.

Additionally, through negative implication, one can see that the Bill of Rights more directly controls individual rights. Let's take the Second Amendment right "to keep and bear arms...." By negative implication, you have no "right" to keep and bear something that is not an "arm". Ever try to keep and bear a shoulder mounted rocket launcher? Why not?

Negative implication is pretty simple actually. By saying you have the right to do ABC, through negative implication, the Bill of Rights says that you DON'T have the right to do XYZ. That is a constraint upon the behavior of individuals.

Last edited:
Top Bottom