KANSAS: Are you out there?

JKBlackie

I'm from the Wichita area and I'd really like to meet up and wheel with some guys! I only know of one decent local place but I'd love to find more locations and more Jeep buddies!

Ducky

Advertiser - Motech Representative
I was stationed at McConnell for 7 years before moving to Cali 3 years ago. When I was there, there where a few guys that would make the trip to the dunes in Oklahoma, or up to Topeka?(I know there is a rock park up there, just forgot what is called) there is an offroad shop in Derby I used to get parts for my CJ, he let me know of a guy that built his own rock park in Andover that was pretty wicked, that my 84 CJ on 47's had plenty of trouble with. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app. -Swany

JKBlackie

I was stationed at McConnell for 7 years before moving to Cali 3 years ago. When I was there, there where a few guys that would make the trip to the dunes in Oklahoma, or up to Topeka?(I know there is a rock park up there, just forgot what is called) there is an offroad shop in Derby I used to get parts for my CJ, he let me know of a guy that built his own rock park in Andover that was pretty wicked, that my 84 CJ on 47's had plenty of trouble with. Good luck!

Wow no way? I live in Andover! Is it a private property thing? Do you know of a way I could contact this person? I'd like to try to get over there!

And 47's?! Geez. I wouldn't mind to see pictures of that monster if you happen to have them!

Ducky

It was a private property thing, but the guy was super chill.... It was an acreage with a pond on the east end of town on a gravel road(approx 3-4 miles out of town) now that I think of it I think it was called rose hill? I'll find the location on a map. I know he dug the pond to get the boulders and he did custom fab for crawlers/buggies. I think all the pics I have are my CJ with 40's (sold it to a guy in Texas soon after the 47 IROK's, but it did have a SB 427) ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406341751.640606.jpg

Ducky

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406342181.704572.jpg

Hope it helps

JKBlackie

It was a private property thing, but the guy was super chill.... It was an acreage with a pond on the east end of town on a gravel road(approx 3-4 miles out of town) now that I think of it I think it was called rose hill? I'll find the location on a map. I know he dug the pond to get the boulders and he did custom fab for crawlers/buggies. I think all the pics I have are my CJ with 40's (sold it to a guy in Texas soon after the 47 IROK's, but it did have a SB 427) View attachment 93129

Oh ok. Rose Hill is a little east and South of Andover. That would be awesome if you could do that. Do you think he would mind me coming out and running that sometime? But Wowza that looks good. There's nothing like a good ole CJ.

You drive a JK now?

Ducky

Not at all.... I showed up unannounced, just remember, jeep guys are a different breed, we will always be interested in other jeeps, everything that jeeps entail, its a WAYALIFE ..... You'll thank me later. Like my dad always said "if you can't get out of it, get into it!"

JKBlackie

Not at all.... I showed up unannounced, just remember, jeep guys are a different breed, we will always be interested in other jeeps, everything that jeeps entail, its a WAYALIFE ..... You'll thank me later. Like my dad always said "if you can't get out of it, get into it!"

Haha great advice. I appreciate it man! I'll have to go over there sometime this next week! I'll share some pics with you if I can!

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
One state over from you..,, check it out. It's called colorado. More trails than you can do in 2 seasons.

JKBlackie

One state over from you..,, check it out. It's called colorado. More trails than you can do in 2 seasons.

Haha yeah I know. I hope to make it out that way someday. But I was just asking for people in my backyard to meet some local Jeep people!

Top Bottom