Wierd noise on acceleration

Mustafa

My Jk suffers from what to me sounds like an exhaust shield rattle. I have been under it and felt along the exhaust.and have clearance between each. Anybody else have this or able to track it down? Make it sound like a piece crap lol.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

2013CGJKU

Is the noise at a specific RPM? If so, I would be willing to bet that it's a heat shield. If not, it could be soooooo many different things... just start checking everything. Haha!

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Mine does same thing. Mine is worst when cold then when it heats up it stops so 90% sure its something in exhaust that "cures" itself when everything expands. Is yours always there clad or warm?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Mine does same thing. Mine is worst when cold then when it heats up it stops so 90% sure its something in exhaust that "cures" itself when everything expands. Is yours always there clad or warm?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

The 12s and presumably the 13s have a rattle in the heating pipes when cold. Pull the glove box and look behind. There are two metal pipes on the left. They rattle when cold. Placing a piece of rubber between will isolate them and stop the rattle. Do a search and you'll find several threads on it. Good luck!

Mustafa

I would bet money its a heat shield i checked for clearance and it does it more when cold. After its ran down the interstate its goes away. I didnt know if its in the clutch or exhaust. Oll keep trying and if i find it ill be sire to post a pic f the culprit so i can assist others thanks guys

JeepinRay

My Jk suffers from what to me sounds like an exhaust shield rattle. I have been under it and felt along the exhaust.and have clearance between each. Anybody else have this or able to track it down? Make it sound like a piece crap lol.
Thanks in advance

Had an awful noise on mine ... Looked and couldn't find any issues then tool a screwdriver and pried around on the exhaust shield on the crossover pipe and found a wield that was broken and not visually noticeable. Hose clamp around it and noise is gone!

Izzy88

Had an awful noise on mine ... Looked and couldn't find any issues then tool a screwdriver and pried around on the exhaust shield on the crossover pipe and found a wield that was broken and not visually noticeable. Hose clamp around it and noise is gone!

Had this exact same issue made a horrible rattle grinding metal noise used a clamp and was fixed.

Top Bottom