Moonlight madness.. Last Chance Canyon

Looney Tune

I got the rear shocks swapped...CB temporarily in...got front diff to engage. ...might put rock lights on tomorrow and bleed brakes..and check my lights...maybe just maybe the parts jeep..might make it ...lol..lol..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Woody3

I had a great time wheeling with everyone. The lack of sun limited my picture taking so I can't share any pictures.
It was a perfect Mojave desert summer night. No wind, no sun and not hot :)

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

Looney Tune

It was fun for sure..the wife is STOKED about her driving the V-notch...I think I created a monster...lol...lol...:eek:

Woody3

She did great!! A little more time behind the wheel and you won't be able to keep her off gate keeper. Lol

Woody3

You know, I didn't notice much difference in the "stiffness" of my jeep after building the cage.

Looney Tune

I looked at my shackle bolts and I tore one almost off..guess I better get some new ones...and build some skids..or do a axle flip..I dont like it the way it is..gonna cut my rear shock mounts off and move them too..

Woody3

I looked at my shackle bolts and I tore one almost off..guess I better get some new ones...and build some skids..or do a axle flip..I dont like it the way it is..gonna cut my rear shock mounts off and move them too..

Sounds like a lot of work for a "parts jeep" lol

Woody3

I did take this pic.....
ty7yhevy.jpg

It's after July 1st and the gate is still locked.why oh why must our land use be limited like this?

Last edited:

jeff_in_rc

I did take this pic.....
ty7yhevy.jpg

It's after July 1st and the gate is still locked. Can anyone tell me why the BLM thinks they can take OUR land away from us?

It's not the BLM Woody, it's the California State Park Service that has closed Nightmare Gulch due to one of the last rains making the trail "impassable". NOT!
It is a long sad story and the SPS even admidts that they acted too quickly in closing it but now they have to go thru the steps to get it re-opened.
Then on top of that you get the "we got no money" line, what a fricken joke.

But know this, there are a lot of groups working the issue so be patient. BTW if you didn't already know this, Nightmare Gulch is inside Redrock Canyon State Park. Well so is Last chance but you get the idea.

Woody3

^^^ I thought it was state parks but all the signage looks like BLM. had me confused.

Thank you for the update :( I'll edit my post to reflect. :)

Top Bottom