Silver Lake Round 2 and then some

CedarRaider

Just read the voucher system operation hours and it looks like they will be open till 11pm. So it shouldn't be a problem to get my own. It's just nice to all get the same time frame so we can get out there together.

JKbrick

I am behind a jeep at a stoplight that has to ORV stickers. One says trail the other does not. Do We need both now? That must be a change from the last time I bought a sticker

Clark Griswold

I am behind a jeep at a stoplight that has to ORV stickers. One says trail the other does not. Do We need both now? That must be a change from the last time I bought a sticker

I was just there a couple of weeks ago and I had to buy both, I want to say altogether with the voucher it was around $54 and I only bought the day pass.

Mitrig

Well this is all new news to me ahah. I am slightly disappointed I have the soft top on, the hardtop has my collection of trail stickers, pretty sure it has more decals than paint now ahah

CedarRaider

Current vehicle permits are required on all vehicles using the area.
All motor vehicles entering the Park must display a Recreation Passport.
All motor vehicles entering the Dunes must also display a Michigan ORV Registration.
Individuals riding in places other than private property pay $26.25 annually. Riders wishing to use state-designated trails pay an additional $10.

Looks like it has changed since I've had a orv sticker.

JKbrick

What is the plan for Friday? That is my only chance of doing anything since that is my wife's weekend to work. I think I'm around 4 hours from the dunes if I remember correctly

CedarRaider

What is the plan for Friday? That is my only chance of doing anything since that is my wife's weekend to work. I think I'm around 4 hours from the dunes if I remember correctly

I'm gonna try to be there Friday afternoon and set up. I'm game for a dune run on Friday once I get my tent up. Mitrig I believe will be getting there Thursday afternoon or night.

Clark Griswold

Michigan changed the ORV badge rules this year and many of the Sellers are even confused. Based on what I've read on the Michigan site you should just get both.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...ivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

I got mine last week. Most places in Michigan require both. Better safe than sorry fort the extra $10.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had to get both to go into the Dunes but figured I would be hitting other trails as well so well worth it.

Mitrig

Yea I'll be there Thursday afternoon since I have about a 5 hour drive plus Hassle at the boarder since we are coming over with the jeep loaded with camping/trail gear. So I'm expecting them to give the truck a search. (But who knows maybe they will be nice)

Ill be picking up the vouchers and what not Friday morning so whoever needs something pm me the info and we can balance out the cost when you arrive.

Dune run Friday for sure!

I was thinking of checkin out rocks an valleys which is about 40 mins away that weekend aswell, then run a few state fire routes (seasonal trails the Sunday before everyone heads out)

Just waiting on the last few replacement straps to come in for me recovery gear.

I will have my cb set on the Friday morning so whenever you enter the area just give a hollar we can agree on a channel for the run when it gets closer

CedarRaider

Looks like it's just me for the weekend. Just an FYI also rocks and valley is quite a ways away. You are looking at about 4.5 hours round trip. It's about 115-120 miles one way.

Last edited:

Mitrig

Yea 2,12 away via us10. It's on my way up and down from Windsor. If anyone is interested in make the trek one of the day? If not then I'd be content with the dunes and seasonal trails

Mitrig

Wired in my flood lights, mounting my hi lift and clinometer in a new spot finally. I'm actually forcing myself to put the jeep back together for the trip.

Though I need to replace a universal joint off my axel so wish me luck. Anyone doing anything to prep?

Top Bottom