The Rebuilding of Smokin's 2014 JKUR Build

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Looks good congrats!

How about them Dynatrac axles and brakes? :thumb:

I can't wait to put the axles through their paces. For now, Drew told me I'm limited to a slow 65-70mph on the way home to Houston during break in.

The brakes aren't as good as my teraflex brakes

Kidding

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I can't wait to put the axles through their paces. For now, Drew told me I'm limited to a slow 65-70mph on the way home to Houston during break in.

The brakes aren't as good as my teraflex brakes

Kidding

Rides like a Cadillac though right?

SaddleTramp

Wow, rig turned out Awesome!!! Can't wait to see some scratches and dirt on that beast! Great job as always and once again ORE!

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys. Made it to Phoenix tonight. Hoping to get up at the ass crack of dawn and go all the way to Houston. Its gonna be a beating. Drive is taking a little longer since Im trying to keep speeds around 65-70 during break in.

DA RUNT

Thanks guys. Made it to Phoenix tonight. Hoping to get up at the ass crack of dawn and go all the way to Houston. Its gonna be a beating. Drive is taking a little longer since Im trying to keep speeds around 65-70 during break in.

That's a helluva drive, must be hard not speeding. I'd have to set the cruise control to stop from going over. Is the 65-70 max for breaking in the gears?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
That's a helluva drive, must be hard not speeding. I'd have to set the cruise control to stop from going over. Is the 65-70 max for breaking in the gears?

Cruise control has been my savior. I feel like unzipping my skin and crawling out of it with frustration when I'm getting passed by Semi's. Drew was pretty emphatic about me keep it under 70 until I got home and changed the diff oil.

Jackal01

Looking forward to seeing it person, Smokin! (since I bought those fogs from you)

Excellent work. Be safe.

:drool:

StrizzyChris

Cruise control has been my savior. I feel like unzipping my skin and crawling out of it with frustration when I'm getting passed by Semi's. Drew was pretty emphatic about me keep it under 70 until I got home and changed the diff oil.

Just keep it under 70 or were there the old school drive cycles too? (i.e. drive for 30 minutes, then park for an hour or so to cool off, then for an hour or 2 and park again to cool off, then different speeds and no cruise control for the next few hundred miles?)

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Just keep it under 70 or were there the old school drive cycles too? (i.e. drive for 30 minutes, then park for an hour or so to cool off, then for an hour or 2 and park again to cool off, then different speeds and no cruise control for the next few hundred miles?)

Shit I hope not. He never said anything about that. I'll arrive sometime next year

Either way I think most of the break in was done yesterday. Stop and go out of Los Angeles through Palm Springs plus the hundred or so miles that were put on before. I was just told to keep the speeds down until I can change the oil. Supposedly 500 miles was the key. And keeping speeds below 70ish until the diff service could be done.

Last edited:

JKbrick

Congratulations, that is a very fine piece of machinery there. Is the garage at your new home big enough for her?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Congratulations, that is a very fine piece of machinery there. Is the garage at your new home big enough for her?

Definitely. Same way my spouse would look for a kitchen and master closet and bath, I look for a good garage. 1300 sf, 3.5 cars, 11 door ceilings, 8 tall, 10 foot wide doors and jack shaft openers.

Top Bottom