NJ trail help(stokes)

Dannyboy76

So I have been looking for some trails to take my Jeep. I came across Stokes National Forest. And I am wondering if anybody been over there wheeling. I just watch a long YouTube video (http://youtu.be/E6gifg-E1uo) of a stock Jeep driving down a pretty easy trail/road. Which is something I am more into for right now. So I am looking for some input from anybody that's been there. Is there any maps of the trails? Is it legal ride in the trails. If so, I have a 2.5" lift do you thing that will be good enough? Any info would be great.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Never been there or heard of it but based off of a quick skim of the video you will be fine. Looks like all dirt roads from what I saw while skipping around the video

H8MUD

In NJ we have Wharton in the South which I personally hate. Mud mixed in sand, water all over the place. Lots of trails that show up on your GPS but wouldn't go there unless you go with locals. Very easy to get lost.

In Central Jersey there is Jackson, NJ. If your interested in going there let me know. There's a mixture of 'very' mild trails to much-less-than-wild trails. Other than that, there's Rausch Creek in PA.

If your interested in going to Jackson, let me know and I'll get some people together so you can come and see for yourself.

This video is about as wild as it gets in Jackson (wasn't disconnected). Not as bad as it looks. Some guys were hiking, decided to take a video and got freaked out. Everything else is very easy.

Last edited:

JKFlyer

In NJ we have Wharton in the South which I personally hate. Mud mixed in sand, water all over the place. Lots of trails that show up on your GPS but wouldn't go there unless you go with locals. Very easy to get lost.

In Central Jersey there is Jackson, NJ. If your interested in going there let me know. There's a mixture of 'very' mild trails to much-less-than-wild trails. Other than that, there's Rausch Creek in PA.

If your interested in going to Jackson, let me know and I'll get some people together so you can come and see for yourself.

This video is about as wild as it gets in Jackson (wasn't disconnected). Not as bad as it looks. Some guys were hiking, decided to take a video and got freaked out. Everything else is very easy.

Agreed on Wharton. If no mud in jackson looks like a good destination.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Grandos

So I have been looking for some trails to take my Jeep. I came across Stokes National Forest. And I am wondering if anybody been over there wheeling. I just watch a long YouTube video (http://youtu.be/E6gifg-E1uo) of a stock Jeep driving down a pretty easy trail/road. Which is something I am more into for right now. So I am looking for some input from anybody that's been there. Is there any maps of the trails? Is it legal ride in the trails. If so, I have a 2.5" lift do you thing that will be good enough? Any info would be great.

Hey bud, I've never personally been to stokes but there's a few guys in my club that go there. If your interested in linking up shoot me a pm. We meet every other weds n can give u details. Rausch creek is awesome if u get the chance, Bout 2 he's away in pa

2014 Public Relations officer - Dion C [o|||||||o]

Dannyboy76

Thanks for everyone input. And I think Jackson will be on the list of place to go. To all the people that go there, other then what I saw in the video. What are the trails like?

Grandos-Me and couple of others are heading up to Rausch Creek in Sept.. But I will send you a PM so I can get more info.

H8MUD

The majority of the trails are regular trails like the one the OP posted. Some small hill climbs, some mud holes (mostly sand/mud). Just come down one day so you can learn the trails, and then bring your friends. Its nothing to brag about and its right next to Great Adventure.

Dannyboy76

H8MUD- I am hoping in the next couple of weeks to make it over there. I will let you know and we can plan something.

scull20

I wouldn't mind hitting some of these trails if you guys are going to make a trip out of it! My JKUR is bone stock, so hope I wouldn't be bogging anyone down.

Dannyboy76

So this I want I am thinking, set up a date and everyone meet up and see what happens. I have done more research from what I understand that the trails are not are at all. They are more like just dirt roads, which I am fine with because I am more of a novice for right now. But I would like to go anyways just to get out in the open air. Also what I found out is that if you check in at the ranger station, they will tell you which trails to go down, which ones are open. So if anybody wants to go. Lets talk about dates that are good.

JKUx

I wouldn't mind joining up, just need advanced notice as I work every other weekend! 🍺

O|||||||O Swamp Thing

Grandos

Woo hoo stokes run!! I'm in. Just need some some advance heads up.

2014 Public Relations officer - Dion C [o|||||||o]

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
I go to stokes state forest every year in november and stay in the cabins. A tradition in my family for a male getaway for pheasant hunting. Lots of dirt roads but i don't think I've ever seen trails to head down. Doesnt mean i didnt know the right places to look though

JKFlyer

I'm game for something like this...esp if it means I don't have to spend the whole next day cleaning all the mud out if my jeep!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom