How-to build a custom fiberglass upper windshield trim switch pod

Thanks JKWrang. Don't want to hijack this thread. I will still have almost 4 inches before my seat and it's just the factory sub. I'm more concerned with the added room for gear in the back.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
King of fiberglass strikes again. As usual, great work. I still have my header piece you made for me for my s2000. Works well to this day. It's been what, nearly 10 years hahaha

If you are looking into making some Jeep products, I'd love a sub box that's OEM but modified to take a 10", firing upwards at a 45 degree angle so that it doesn't intrude into the cargo area and doesn't get in the way of the floor tray opening up :D

King of fiberglass strikes again. As usual, great work. I still have my header piece you made for me for my s2000. Works well to this day. It's been what, nearly 10 years hahaha

If you are looking into making some Jeep products, I'd love a sub box that's OEM but modified to take a 10", firing upwards at a 45 degree angle so that it doesn't intrude into the cargo area and doesn't get in the way of the floor tray opening up :D

Funny... that almost sounded like a request hidden under the guise of a challenge... lol

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Funny... that almost sounded like a request hidden under the guise of a challenge... lol

You've always been a sharp guy. :D

I keed I keed. Although I'd love to have a great box, Im not about to make you slave away. I would love to meet up with you one of these days and have you tune my system. Im not too happy with the results (particularly the bass,) and you would be FAR FAR better suited to tuning it properly. I have a rockford 8" in a stock enclosure and a kicker hideaway, and I think you can do much better with it.

You've always been a sharp guy. :D

I keed I keed. Although I'd love to have a great box, Im not about to make you slave away. I would love to meet up with you one of these days and have you tune my system. Im not too happy with the results (particularly the bass,) and you would be FAR FAR better suited to tuning it properly. I have a rockford 8" in a stock enclosure and a kicker hideaway, and I think you can do much better with it.

I'll take a look at this over the winter and se what I can come up with. ;)

Awesome! Any other projects you've been working on?

Last edited by a moderator:

WJCO

Meme King
Awesome! Any other projects you've been working on?

Welcome to Wayalife. Quite a thread resurrection just to pimp your business. Your link has been removed. Please feel free to look at the rules again if it doesn't make sense to you.

I love this build and I am thinking of doing the same... It does come out looking very stock... I am trying to thing if there would be enough room to mount the switches for the Pod and additionally maybe below those mount the control head for my old Kenwood TH-742 HAM radio... The control head is pretty much standard single DIN radio size but only about 3/4" thick... Maybe have it more flush coming down perpendicular to the visor/roof snugged up as much as possible and then below angled in a little the switch console.

Additionally, I was thinking of using the Eaton ssVEC that I found on waytekwire after reading the DIY sPod writeup another member here wrote up as my "source" as that looks to be watertight and industrial grade with a 200A rating across 8 - 12 relays...

https://www.waytekwire.com/item/46055/ssVEC-Power-Distribution-Module/

Add in a adjustable 12V LVCO I can easily find off ebay or amazon for then there really is not anything my hacked together build would not have that the sPod does except I would be better waterproofed, handle a higher current load, and cheaper (although the ssVEC is pretty expensive but I think worth it).... Considering I was an Electronics Technician for the US Navy, I think I can manage to figure my way around some Low Voltage applications... :usa:

... I hope i am not overstepping by posting a link to waytekwire but I say the original link on another thread for DIY

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?13119-DIY-Spod-Waytekwire&highlight=waytekwire

Top Bottom