Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Knows a Thing or Two darkknight1999's Avatar
    Thank you guys, I really appreciate it! I'll work on it more tonight... Once I get this one completed I'm going to do a write-up for the fuse/relay block setup I have as well.
    -John
    07 JKUR
    "If you're not going to do a job right.... then don't touch it, because then someone has to clean up the mess you've made."

My build thread
    "How-to" Build a custom fiberglass SPod

KCCO

-
    Just a thought for us that are using the Rockhard sport cage: Might be able to use the leftover materials to make new A-Pillar corner trim.

Quote Originally Posted by ridg3runner View Post
    Just a thought for us that are using the Rockhard sport cage: Might be able to use the leftover materials to make new A-Pillar corner trim.
    Just because I'm not completely familiar with the RH Cage other than the pictures I just looks up on the ol' Google... The A-Pillar corner trim, do you need to remove the factory trim to install the RH Cage?
    -John
    07 JKUR
    "If you're not going to do a job right.... then don't touch it, because then someone has to clean up the mess you've made."

My build thread

KCCO

-
    Quote Originally Posted by darkknight1999 View Post
    Just because I'm not completely familiar with the RH Cage other than the pictures I just looks up on the ol' Google... The A-Pillar corner trim, do you need to remove the factory trim to install the RH Cage?
    Yes or severely chop the hell out of it. Most of the guys I've seen just leave them off. I don't have any pics of mine (thankfully) but I opted to chop mine up and I'm thinking I would've been better to just leave them off.

Quote Originally Posted by ridg3runner View Post
    Yes or severely chop the hell out of it. Most of the guys I've seen just leave them off. I don't have any pics of mine (thankfully) but I opted to chop mine up and I'm thinking I would've been better to just leave them off.
    Again having just pictures online as reference, would it be possible (with 2 guys, 2 heat guns) to heat the stock panels then press the cage into it final resting place? The plastic would cool fair quickly, so you could hold the cage in place while the trim becomes rigid again, then bolt it in place.

Just throwing out ideas. I'm sure I could make a new set of panels using the factory ones as a base, but you might be able to heat them and simply press the cage against it to form it to the correct shape.

Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about either... lol

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app
    -John
    07 JKUR

My build thread

KCCO

-
    Ok I just found a couple pics online. The first one does not have the corner piece but you can see how it needs to be cut to fit around the cage tubing. The second is one that someone did a pretty good job trimming, on the inside anyway. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405960721.418757.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405960755.185431.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to do the right up. It looks amazing.

looks Bad ass thanks for right up & the Idea!

I would like to try this!
    props on how well this came out, i know how difficult it is to work with fiberglass! Looking forward to the write up when you start to wire them up!

Quote Originally Posted by M_Savage View Post
    I would like to try this!
    props on how well this came out, i know how difficult it is to work with fiberglass! Looking forward to the write up when you start to wire them up!
    Mine are complete...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405971811.310923.jpg

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app
    -John
    07 JKUR

My build thread

KCCO