• WestDoubleTrack2.jpg
    WestDoubleTrack2.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 375
  • WestDoubleTrack3.jpg
    WestDoubleTrack3.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 377

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Welcome aboard and congrats on your JKU. Awesome videos and pics:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RJEEPO

Thanks all! I think I put this in wrong section, should be in Destinations, so if a mod could move it I'd appreciate it :)

KP is a sweet spot, luckily still open for 4WD bikers and hikers only so far! The power poles make me nervous they're going to pave it over someday in the never ending urban expansion. Hope that never happens.

Attachments

• Kaena3.jpg
    Kaena3.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 319

DA RUNT

Thanks all! I think I put this in wrong section, should be in Destinations, so if a mod could move it I'd appreciate it :)

KP is a sweet spot, luckily still open for 4WD bikers and hikers only so far! The power poles make me nervous they're going to pave it over someday in the never ending urban expansion. Hope that never happens.

Get a pass from DLNR over by the hospital in town or online at their website and check out peacock flats. It has all levels of difficulty up there and has some of the best views on all the island. I think I have some pics in my album. There's a picnic and camp area at the end of the fire road also. And yes, there are peacocks up there :thumb:

FeltsYouUp

Since there is no race track on the island anymore, I'm thinking of trading my mustang to get back into a jeep. Unfortunately, I traded my old JKU two weeks before I got orders to Hawaii.

liljohn850

As soon as my new toy arrives I'll be hitting the flats. I'll post up a roster for the folks on island and we can go play.

kevinp

As soon as my new toy arrives I'll be hitting the flats. I'll post up a roster for the folks on island and we can go play.

You better freaking TEXT me when you do!!! Hahahahaha But you have to wait until after October 5th. I'll be... busy til then. Ask Mrs. Lil John. I saw her at her work place the other day and told her about it.

liljohn850

You better freaking TEXT me when you do!!! Hahahahaha But you have to wait until after October 5th. I'll be... busy til then. Ask Mrs. Lil John. I saw her at her work place the other day and told her about it.

My jeep has no ETA, and it's MIA.... We got time :/

kevinp

Can you guys post some maps? Would love to check out some more cool areas.

DLNR has maps at the office and on line, but I'd personally recommend going with someone. I've been out there a dozen times and still get turned around. Haha

That being said, the main trail to the campground is pretty straightforward and has some amazing views.

Kevin

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using the Wayalife APP

liljohn850

That so sucks! But hey, there are some things we have to do before you leave! Food together with the families and wheeling together without. haha

Oh I def agree. From the looks of it, we need to take a trip up there and show some guys around!!

Siebermd

Oahu! Fun

when I lived there, I had a 1982 SJ-410. Which is a pre-US Suzuki Samurai. So much fun wheelin that area. I miss the Islands terribly. One day I hope to get back out there to live.

Matt

mad dog 21

The other side of K Point is fun and alittle nicer to go in the water. One other place is peacock flats. I haven't been up there yet but I really want to go. Aloha

Top Bottom