Dual Climate Control in a JKU?

07JKSahara

I have a 2011 WK2 with the dual climate control. Any way I can get that in/jnstall in a 2012+ JKU? Wife says that's the compromise .

Clem319

I don't think so. I shopped/test drove/admired/drooled over tons of jeeps before I made my decision. I never saw the dual climate in one. Maybe a special order is possible though. Tell your wife the vents close! Boom... Sold

SDG

Caught the Bug
Yea there is dual climate control....

if she is cold turn on the heater and roll down your window....
If she is hot and you are cold... she can roll down her window...

07JKSahara

I don't think so. I shopped/test drove/admired/drooled over tons of jeeps before I made my decision. I never saw the dual climate in one. Maybe a special order is possible though. Tell your wife the vents close! Boom... Sold

Haha! Can I hire you to tell her?!? I'll be out of town that weekend! Thanks though, I couldn't find it as an option. Wondering if anyone pulled the unit out of a GC and was able to make it work in a JK.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I highly doubt it can be done with factory controls. The JK computer is not easy to work with.

People have been trying to install factory AC in the JK's since they came out and about the only way it's been done is with aftermarket products. Those come at a pretty penny with the cheapest I've seen at $2100. If someone were to be able to do it i can't imagine the cost or how to justify the cost.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yea there is dual climate control....

if she is cold turn on the heater and roll down your window....
If she is hot and you are cold... she can roll down her window...

:cheesy:

In all seriousness. I don't think this is something that can be done. At most, you can get heated seats and she can be in control of that :yup:

SilverBack

*******@$%^&*

I can remember when AC meant the windows were down and you had dad drive faster so you could hang your arm out the window, cup your hand and try to deflect the air back into the car and onto your sweaty ass self....

Forward more years than I'd like to recall and we're all talking about not only AC but duel climate contrails in a JEEP. A vehicle that the doors, top, part of the top, some or all of the windows and some seats can be removed or reconfigured in a plethora of layouts...

Boy o Boy, we sure have come a long way.

Best of luck with the Mrs and getting your new Jeep.

SilverBack

Hey wait a Minute.... The vents can be closed and opened so you have quad-zone climate control in the jeep!:doh:

jims68

Unless they completely redesign the whole dash and heater box assembly all you will have is manual temp control. In keeping with a simple design the box itself is like a 1970 chevy pickup with a cable for a damper control. The most complex part is the fan control which is CanBus and re circulation. You can take the whole dash apart down to the firewall in less than a hour! Hardest part is draining the heater core so you don't have a mess! We'll maybe not the first time! Be careful with the airbags also.

RJEEPO

Even if you could, I wouldn't. Dual zone was always problematic, at least in my old WK, chasing flapper and blend door probs then the dang thing sprung a leak and finally just stopped working. Looking at another thousand dollar plus repair bill on top of all the other issues, goodbye WK. I much prefer the K.I.S.S. approach of the JKUS. Heck, I don't even need the temp control it could be just full cold or hot and that would work.

t8er

I just leave the doors off. If she can't handle that and wear a sweatshirt. Well need a different girl. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406920449.800280.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom