Front wheel camber settings

engineman1031

My 09 JKR seems to have too much inward angle at the top of the drivers side tire. I know camber it's for the tire alignment to drive straight but to me it seems like too much. Anyone else notice this? I have the stock 17s, the 32in BFG mts, and 1.5in wheel spacers. (I noticed it before the spacers to clear that up)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A solid front axle like you have on your Jeep will not have any camber. If that's what you are really seeing, you have a bent axle C or tube as mentioned.

engineman1031

A solid front axle like you have on your Jeep will not have any camber. If that's what you are really seeing, you have a bent axle C or tube as mentioned.

How do you see if it's bent? It already seems to have some bent at the top ball joint but that's how they come. Everything drives fine straight as an arrow but it just looks funny to me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How do you see if it's bent? It already seems to have some bent at the top ball joint but that's how they come. Everything drives fine straight as an arrow but it just looks funny to me.

Well, when you see camber on your wheels for one. If the angle isn't too bad, you can have offset ball joints installed to help this out but, if you don't have C-gussets installed now, I would do that first. Otherwise, you'll just have the same thing happen and the next time, you won't be able to help it out.

engineman1031

I just looked at it and the C looks fine and everything else does too. I don't know if I'm going crazy and seeing it or what lol. But I'll look into the gussets they seem like a really good idea. I'm probably due for an alignment and some ball joints at 68500.

Kdbray08JK

I just looked at it and the C looks fine and everything else does too. I don't know if I'm going crazy and seeing it or what lol. But I'll look into the gussets they seem like a really good idea. I'm probably due for an alignment and some ball joints at 68500.

Maybe post a pic so everyone can see what exactly your looking at

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Okay, I just looked at your profile and see that you have an 09 and just running 32" tires. Being that is the case, it is possible that you have unit bearings that are going bad as that will also cause your wheels to look like they have camber. I would look there first BUT, would still recommend that you get c-gussets installed in the near future as well. It doesn't take a visible bend at the C to show camber in your wheels.

jims68

If it is bothering you check it yourself or take it in and have it checked. They are all off a little, maybe a degree or two but as stated definitely not visible! If I remember correctly mine was perfect passenger and 1.2 or 1.4 negative something like that drivers side. Tech stated none are 0! Last I checked them after gussets and truss nothing changed, knock on wood, and I did expect some pull one way or another!

jims68

Jack the offending side about an inch or so off ground. Put one foot one sidewall of wheel with your heel on ground and both hands on top of wheel and try to rock the wheel in and out. Should be zero play and a good workout! If anything is going, ball joints or unit bearing there will be some movement. Just a tiny bit translates to huge amounts at edges of wheel!

SierraSilver

Distance between C.s on D44

Is this on a D44? I recently replaced my D44, and have camber out of specs, and it pulls to the left, and getting worse. I do wheel, but it would be nice to know what the "stock" measurement is between c's before going out and investing in adjustable or offset ball joints. Could it be just worn stock ball joints?m I totally agree with Eddie on welding in gussets!

Top Bottom