F@#*! I Hate When That Happens!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You ever start on a project that should only take about 15 minutes but ends up taking all day or longer due to an unexpected broken bolt or tool? If so, misery loves company and I'd love to hear all about it.

To kick things off, I was going to do a routine gear oil change today when I ended up doing this...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406493868.949154.jpg

:doh: :sigh:

spinuck

I was working on my front diff either installing new cover or checking gears and broke one of the bolts off. Luckily there was enough bolt exposed I was able to grip it with some vise grips and back it out. still had to stop what I was doing and run to store for new bolt. Could've been worse, but still annoying...

Christarp

Yesterday I was drilling out a hole in the lower control arm bracket in the rear so I could fit my grease gun into it and grease it while it was connected and I got it re-assembled and stuck it on and realized I didn't make it big enough to get it off because you can never pull them straight off :doh:

Didn't take that long to fix but when it's right at the end and you just want everything done it was sort of annoying!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
My traction control light keeps coming on. Recentered the drag link 3 times already. Ever since my last trip it's been coming on:(

Trail Bud

Hooked
That sucks! :crazyeyes:

routine transmission fluid change when I took off the pan bolts I found 2 that were broke/sripped and silicone on. I ended up taking it to a garage.

Merlin

This past Monday my phone fell off my lap and into the parking break opening while I was driving like a mad man through mall parking lot speed bumps. I assumed the phone fell down thru the seat but when I went to pull up on the parking break handle I heard a small noise but didn't think much of it. After 10min of searching for my phone through the seats I gave up and said I'll look for it when I get home. I throw down the parking break and heard this loud crunch. Needless to say my phone was stuck in the parking break and i absolutely destroyed it. I had to tear apart my console to retrieve my phone right then and there because my parking break wouldn't fully disengage. Here is the aftermath of my oops...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406500862.059213.jpg

Luckily I had insurance on the phone but still crappy luck in the first place and a waste of time and money.

Merlin

CharlieK

Ya trimming my fender liners, while I was talking on a cell phone, thank goodness the stealership had a one in stock.
Cell phone and powers tools not my best decision.

JAGS

Hooked
As a newb still to Jeeps and wrenching for the most part, this thread will cause me great nightmares. :eek: Mostly because these are things I can totally see happening to me. :doh:

Eddie, that first post is why I had ORE do my diff cover swap last week.

KingCopperhead

I remember doing a radiator swap on my TJ. After seven years of East coast salt, every bolt was rusted in. I need to buy a torch if I ever want to work on my TJ again lol.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I remember doing a radiator swap on my TJ. After seven years of East coast salt, every bolt was rusted in. I need to buy a torch if I ever want to work on my TJ again lol.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm so fucking happy not to have east coast rust any longer!!

Top Bottom