Another CB question

So if I get a firestick antenna this is the cable I need?

The cable I showed there is just what I used and is very simple to use, The fire ring end just makes it easy and shouldn't require a ground on the antenna side.

However any coax cable with the appropriate connectors will work.

If you are mounting your radio in a tight spot you might want to pick up a 90* connector for the radio side.

Good Luck

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I installed mine tonight and literally just finished. I got the same fire ring as the OP. I bought the unassembled coax so that I could thread the cable into the small hole that is in my evo corner armor. This allowed me to thread the cable into the tub, drilled a hole on the bottom of the tub, ran the cable back out and then back into the passenger compartment though the drain hole in the back and then to the CB. This wouldn't have been nearly as easy or possible with the assembled PL-259 connector.

To assemble it, unscrew the outer shell of the connector and put it over the black insulator. Push the copper braids back, screw on the connector using pliers and then put a dab of solder at the tip. Worked great for me. Use this video

http://youtu.be/qPlcT9SXNPs

Top Bottom