Top of the world

thardy

Banned
Man that looks like a blast. Another one of those posts that make me wish I lived out that way.

Sent from WAYALIFE mobile app

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Awesome pics Ridge.......I'm a bit jealous I have to admit......wish I had this in South Florida........thank you for sharing :thumb:

~Woodrow~

hydrohut

Hydro it would be great for a few days don't think I could do 10 days straight he was very friendly but I think he was just happy to have visitors. There is a mating pair of Mountain Lions close by so he doesn't hike down to the toilet without proper protection anymore. Funny thing is...it's such a small world...he use to be a Yosemite Rescue Climber and turns out him and Panda have a friend in common. Nice man great talking to him and talking story :yup:

Haha, I hadn't factored in mountain lions when I posted. Kinda takes the shine off the job if there is something outside wanting to eat you lol. A lovely spot never the less :thumb:

2013CGJKU

Hydro it would be great for a few days don't think I could do 10 days straight he was very friendly but I think he was just happy to have visitors. There is a mating pair of Mountain Lions close by so he doesn't hike down to the toilet without proper protection anymore. Funny thing is...it's such a small world...he use to be a Yosemite Rescue Climber and turns out him and Panda have a friend in common. Nice man great talking to him and talking story :yup:

Haha, I hadn't factored in mountain lions when I posted. Kinda takes the shine off the job if there is something outside wanting to eat you lol. A lovely spot never the less :thumb:

I would still LOVE that job! It would be like watch duty except in the middle of nowhere with beautiful scenery and I would definitely trade being mauled by a big cat over getting my ass blown off or shot up by some hodgies!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheStick

Have you guys ever tried them in a Dutch Oven? I hear it can be done.

That looks like an awesome little oven though! Great pics too! Thanks for sharing!:beer:

Agreed. I will have to check that out.

Only issue with a Dutch oven is campfires are out for a lot of the summer. Not that I always obey, but sometimes it's not an option. Still want one though, if you can get a hot fire going they work great.

Panda

Only issue with a Dutch oven is campfires are out for a lot of the summer. Not that I always obey, but sometimes it's not an option. Still want one though, if you can get a hot fire going they work great.

Even though most campsites say no campfires if you go to the closest ranger station you can get a campfire permit for designated campsites you just need to have a water container & a shovel :thumb:

Right now campfires are allowed in campgrounds only. Outside of a campground they are still allowing gas stoves... For now.

Top Bottom