UCLA water main break

FUCLA wasting 10,000,000 gallons of water while the state is in a severe drought. :rolleyes2:

#dontbruinyourlife

#fighton

"Cherry bomb... or a really large dump" :cheesy:

Last edited:

Devallee

GO BRUINS! UCLA student here :) but yeah dwp is gonna have to pay up. We just put a brand new track in that got flooded (I'm a track athlete there) as well as our brand new Pauly Pavilion. It's pretty sad because it ruins both track and basketball season for us this year because of rebuilding everything but I guess it happens

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jaydoc1

More and more of this kind of thing is going to start happening nationwide as the local/state/federal governments continue to spend money on social experimentation rather than keeping up the infrastructure. It's like buying concert tickets instead of paying for your diabetic medication.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
More and more of this kind of thing is going to start happening nationwide as the local/state/federal governments continue to spend money on social experimentation rather than keeping up the infrastructure. It's like buying concert tickets instead of paying for your diabetic medication.

Priorities, see concert, buy jeep parts higher on the list than taking care of diabetes. Lolz

2014 JKUR

CerOf

but yeah dwp is gonna have to pay up.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don't know all the facts, but it's tough to go after a municipality. Likely UCLAs carrier will pay. With the $$ involved they'll try to pursue DWP, but will be a tough row to hoe.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

StrizzyChris

I don't know all the facts, but it's tough to go after a municipality. Likely UCLAs carrier will pay.

There was a fire at my college dorm and because the insurance claim being initiated by the university, it covered all the students property as well. If the damage were less, and the university not created an insurance claim, the students would have been required to file a claim with their renters insurance to recover any damages.

CerOf

There was a fire at my college dorm and because the insurance claim being initiated by the university, it covered all the students property as well. If the damage were less, and the university not created an insurance claim, the students would have been required to file a claim with their renters insurance to recover any damages.

I'm sure every college student suddenly had a Denon or Cambridge audio receiver. :D

As an FYI, some Home Owners' policy will extend for a dependent child/college student while away. Double check and READ all your policies. Just because your "agent said" doesn't mean it does. If they do "say" confirm with them via email.

Renters policies are cheap!! If you don't have one, get one. People are careless and leave things on the stove ALL the time. I truly see it every day. (Also deal with pipe breaks and sewer line issues with cities quite a bit.)

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

Top Bottom