Moving front axle back. My mistake

Dune Crawler

Got a lil carried away with installing new control arms and unbolted both of the old ones (new impact gun got me excited) so now the front axle is pushed way to forward. She's sitting on level ground right now. Should I jack the axle up and remove tires to help pull it back?

-Nicco

Panda

Got a lil carried away with installing new control arms and unbolted both of the old ones (new impact gun got me excited) so now the front axle is pushed way to forward. She's sitting on level ground right now. Should I jack the axle up and remove tires to help pull it back?

-Nicco

Strizzychris and I used a ratcheting tie down to help pull it in place on his but we only did one at a time, it worked well

Dune Crawler

Sorry a lil exhausted. The axle is pushed up. Here's a pic with the control stock arms on. Haven't gotten to the part of switching them. I have a bottle jack. I think ratchet straps would work also right? Attach it to front bumper? Bull bar or through one of the holes at the bottom? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406853574.402769.jpg

-Nicco

Sorry a lil exhausted. The axle is pushed up. Here's a pic with the control stock arms on. Haven't gotten to the part of switching them. I have a bottle jack. I think ratchet straps would work also right? Attach it to front bumper? Bull bar or through one of the holes at the bottom? View attachment 93884

-Nicco

Probably going to be easiest to get the weight of the vehicle off of it for sure.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
First you need to loosen all your control arm bolts and then torque them when the jeep is on it's weight when it's on the ground. You have it wrong in the picture. The control arms should stick straight out like that.

First you need to loosen all your control arm bolts and then torque them when the jeep is on it's weight when it's on the ground. You have it wrong in the picture. The control arms should stick straight out like that.

His axle spun when he removed both lowers at the same time, he got it back up though.

Top Bottom