Jk side marker blinker modification

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I'm considering making the side marker blinker modification and was wanting to know if anyone has had any issues doubg this.

I'm wanting to do the one wire mod.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Thanks, that's the video I saw that inspired me to do this.

The white wire that you use to connect the black to, is there any other color coding on it. If so is color coding the same on both sides, since you said wires are in different positions.

Or is it just bottom white on drivers side and top white on passenger side.

pvanweelden

Or is it just bottom white on drivers side and top white on passenger side.

Yes- bottom white driver side
Top white passenger side
The white wire from an led marker would go to either of the above white front parking light wires. The black wire from led would go to the white factory wire that used to go to the side marker.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
What exactly is the point to this mod? :thinking: I feel like I'm missing something here... it seems like it just makes them alternate... or is there something else?

pvanweelden

Normal factory operation of side markers do not include a flash with turn signals or hazards. This mod allows the side marker to alternate flash - but only if the parking lights are on. I rewired my tj side markers to flash regardless of the parking lights being on. I need to address this mod and figure out what else needs to be done :)

Normal factory operation of side markers do not include a flash with turn signals or hazards. This mod allows the side marker to alternate flash - but only if the parking lights are on. I rewired my tj side markers to flash regardless of the parking lights being on. I need to address this mod and figure out what else needs to be done :)

Yup your right... lol I always thought mine did that... but they don't... clearly that was a drinking day lol :D

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
What exactly is the point to this mod? :thinking: I feel like I'm missing something here... it seems like it just makes them alternate... or is there something else?

Make you more visible at night when using turn signals.

Top Bottom