Jk side marker blinker modification

SDG

Caught the Bug
PHP:

I wouldn't know. I always run Ghostrider style. No lights...

Guess you dont need lights when your flaming...

article-0-138B07E8000005DC-402_634x355.jpg

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
So, if you want the side marker to act as a turn signal when the headlights and parking lights are off, then you need to do a two wire mod. I watched a video on line showing the two wire mod, which is basically is as easy as the one wire mod. Only question I have is the marker light wires (black & white) connect to the two white wires on the turn signal, but does it matter which wire from the marker connects to a certain white wire or as long as each wire is connected your good to go.

pvanweelden

Lol, the two wire mod for jk is what I did years ago on my tj- but I was using led's.
You would want the white side marker wire to go to the outside white wire on the front plug. The black wire would go to the middle white wire on the front plug.
This works with the factory bulbs, but I was not able to get it to work with a led side marker.
might look into more when I have time, other wise using diodes and a resistor will get a 2 wire led to function as the bulb will with the one wire or two wire mod.

Edit to clarify- it works with a led side marker- but not exactly the same as it does with the factory bulb.
With led, it will only flash when parking lights are also on. which is still an improvement over the factory wiring.

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Lol, the two wire mod for jk is what I did years ago on my tj- but I was using led's.
You would want the white side marker wire to go to the outside white wire on the front plug. The black wire would go to the middle white wire on the front plug.
This works with the factory bulbs, but I was not able to get it to work with a led side marker.
might look into more when I have time, other wise using diodes and a resistor will get a 2 wire led to function as the bulb will with the one wire or two wire mod.

That sucks! I was hoping this would work with the led marker I got at an auto store when I cut my flares down the road.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Well I just did the two wire method. Side markers work as turn signals with the lights off or on. Very easy, just a little nervous to cut wires from the side marker.:thumb:

Top Bottom