Lockers

shadow21

Stupid question but it's been 3-4 years since I purchased a set of lockers but is ARB still heads and shoulders above everyone else?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ARB's aren't perfect but, compared to what else is out there, they are still what I prefer to run.

seanb123

I'm installing the eaton e locker tonight with the new 4 pin design. Not much info out there thought I'd give it a try. ARB is a safe choice

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm installing the eaton e locker tonight with the new 4 pin design. Not much info out there thought I'd give it a try. ARB is a safe choice

Honestly, I'd be really interested in hearing how it works out for you.

Buster3479

I just took an Eaton E-locker (4-pin design) out of front axle of Beast 3 weeks ago, and put in an ARB. It was 3 months old. The E-locker was hanging on, even well after the magnet was off and the locker was disengaged by unloading the drivetrain. It made for a very "interesting" drive home from 70 miles away one evening when it decided to re-engage itself (no power on) while merging onto I65 at 70mph and I couldn't steer. Everytime I asked something of it on a trail it was great.

Unfortunately, you could never be 100% certain it was disengaged. With the front axle on jack stands and the diff cover off, if you unengaged the locker and spun a tire, spun both tires in different directions, unloaded the transfer case, or whatever you needed to do to be SURE it was no longer engaged, you could spin the driver's tire, and every 10 or so full revolutions, you'd see the pin start to walk in trying to re-engage the locker with no power, no magnet, and no load on the system. Ever since that day, I had this intermittent "pull" that would go away on it's own if you held the steering wheel to the left against it. Once the locker was switched out for the ARB, pull is gone, going a few weeks of driving now.

See original "diagnosis" request thread.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?18692-Need-steering-diagnosis-help

I'm going to "test" the ARB at Badlands tomorrow, really just going to get muddy and have some fun. Eaton is supposedly taking care of it (reimbursing the company I bought it from who is going to credit me). It's been a few weeks and no notice yet despite several phone calls to the distributor. I'll keep everyone posted. I sincerely believe that I just got "a bad one". I lost faith in the system and ponied up for the OBA / ARB combo due the uncertainty I had driving my Jeep everywhere I go. I have great faith and love for Eaton products. I love every Truetrac I've ever run, and like them in rear axles even more than selectable lockers in most vehicles. Based on my personal experience with one locker (probably just a bad one), I've decided to pursue a different route in my front end.

I'm in no way trying to steer you or anyone away from the Eaton. Just throwing out my most recent personal experience.

noroad

I just put in a yukon zip locker! ran it for the first time this weekend and worked pretty good! I got the zip as it came with a lifetime warranty!

RJEEPO

I just put in a yukon zip locker! ran it for the first time this weekend and worked pretty good! I got the zip as it came with a lifetime warranty!

How was the install? I want to put a lunchbox in the back only like a Lokka (very budget minded and hope simple DIY). Auto vs. selectable I'd like the latter but have to drill stuff and wire it right?

noroad

How was the install? I want to put a lunchbox in the back only like a Lokka (very budget minded and hope simple DIY). Auto vs. selectable I'd like the latter but have to drill stuff and wire it right?

Install was great lol had a shop do it at the same time i got gears!

dwvninety

whats the warranty on an ARB?

Air Locker Inc. (ARB) products are warranted free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of twenty four (24) months from the date of initial retail purchase, with the exception of the freezer/fridge which carries a thirty six (36) month limited warranty and ARB Air Locker which carries a sixty (60) month warranty. Air Locker Inc's (ARB) obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing, replacing or crediting at its option, any part found to be defective.

Air Locker Inc. (ARB) does not warrant or make any representations concerning its goods when:

The products are not installed, used, and maintained strictly in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions
The products are installed in vehicles that are used in competition
The products are installed in vehicles fitted with aftermarket non-standard tires with diameters in excess of OEM specifications
The products are installed in vehicles with engines that have been modified to increase performance

Air Locker Inc. (ARB) will not be liable for labor charges and other intangible or consequential losses that might be claimed as a result of a failure of any ARB component or part thereof to the extent permitted by state law.

A claim under this warranty should be made as follows:

Contact Air Locker Inc. technical department at 425-264-1391 or via email at tech@arbusa.com to request a Returned Goods Authorization (RGA) number and instructions for returning the defective component.

Thank you!

Air Locker Inc. (ARB) products are warranted free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of twenty four (24) months from the date of initial retail purchase, with the exception of the freezer/fridge which carries a thirty six (36) month limited warranty and ARB Air Locker which carries a sixty (60) month warranty. Air Locker Inc's (ARB) obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing, replacing or crediting at its option, any part found to be defective.

Air Locker Inc. (ARB) does not warrant or make any representations concerning its goods when:

The products are not installed, used, and maintained strictly in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions
The products are installed in vehicles fitted with aftermarket non-standard tires with diameters in excess of OEM specifications
The products are installed in vehicles with engines that have been modified to increase performance

Air Locker Inc. (ARB) will not be liable for labor charges and other intangible or consequential losses that might be claimed as a result of a failure of any ARB component or part thereof to the extent permitted by state law.

A claim under this warranty should be made as follows:

Contact Air Locker Inc. technical department at 425-264-1391 or via email at tech@arbusa.com to request a Returned Goods Authorization (RGA) number and instructions for returning the defective component.

Rayz

Thank you!

"
The products are installed in vehicles with engines that have been modified to increase performance,,,,,"
<<<<<<so basically there is no warranty......??

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
"
The products are installed in vehicles with engines that have been modified to increase performance,,,,,"

And this surprises you? Lol.

2014 JKUR

Spartan

"

That's how I read it. The warranty is only for people that want a locker in a stock vehicle.

Top Bottom