Maxxis trepador radial

seanb123

Understandable - fortunately my Jeep isn't my daily driver so I'm not as stressed about tread life...still, I'd hope to get at least 35 out of them....Anyway, check out the BF Goodrich KM2s if long tread life is really important for you. They have the best tread life of any mud terrain tire I've seen (people I Jeep with have 50k + miles on them and they're still in decent shape). Just be aware that they tend to run small (like most tires, but these seem to be particularly small).

They were actually the tired I had recently decided on but. I'll keep the size in mind

mpkelley20

Kind of an old thread but was hoping to see if anyone has an update on these tires. I ran a set of Maxxis Bighorns prior to my Toyos and loved their offroad abilities. On road they were a bit loud and wore pretty quickly. I don't care as much about tread life as I once did since my Jeep is not my DD. I had read that the trepadors were much better on road than the bighorns and were equally, if not better, offroad. For anyone that owns them, are they still wearing fast? I assume you do front to back tire rotations since the tread is directional? Would you buy them again?

Thanks!

Mikead40

Kind of an old thread but was hoping to see if anyone has an update on these tires. I ran a set of Maxxis Bighorns prior to my Toyos and loved their offroad abilities. On road they were a bit loud and wore pretty quickly. I don't care as much about tread life as I once did since my Jeep is not my DD. I had read that the trepadors were much better on road than the bighorns and were equally, if not better, offroad. For anyone that owns them, are they still wearing fast? I assume you do front to back tire rotations since the tread is directional? Would you buy them again?

Thanks!

A little late getting back to you - but now I've run these tires in Moab and Johnson Valley and I still love them off road. Easily the best tire I've owned both off and on road...But...they are wearing fast. I've got about 10k miles on them and I'm at about half the tread life (and that's being generous). I have rotated them once (front to back at about 5k miles). Again, not a daily driver for me so it's taken over a year to get those 10k miles. When it's time for new shoes, I'll be buying these again.

Top Bottom