Savage Build Thread

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Just went through your whole thread. Your jeep is looking good! As far as the hard lessons learned while wrenching,,, I'v been turning wrenches since I was 15 and my dad handed me the keys to a toyota 4x4 that didn't run. I still have those painful days where nothing goes right, you strip something out, or the repair you spent 2 hours on ended up not fixing the problem. Ya just gotta roll with the punches and take your time. Those days will get fewer and fewer. And the satisfaction of doing your mods yourself is priceless. Keep up the good work!:thumb:

Thank you. Yea the satisfaction is really nice and when finished it feels like a huge accomplishment. Oh and I have for sure learned to take my time, that is a big lesson learned.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Finally ordered the ARB locker manifold so ill finally be able to use my quick disconnect air hose attachment. getting kind of sick of having to attach it to my compressor every time i need to use the air.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Got the new truck lights installed and love them! What a difference!! I'm just concerned about how many people are now blind because of them. I will probably be adjusting them here when I get a chance. Here are some pictures.
Then
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431627611.641068.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431627675.893064.jpg

Now
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431627711.647968.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431627739.511967.jpg

Before
Low beam
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431627778.318086.jpg

High beam
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431627856.521570.jpg

After
Low beam
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431627881.178681.jpg

High beam
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431627904.532849.jpg

Napalm

Got the new truck lights installed and love them! What a difference!! I'm just concerned about how many people are now blind because of them. I will probably be adjusting them here when I get a chance. Here are some pictures.

Changes the complete look of the entire front end. Looks great!!!

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
This last weekend I went on a short road trip and my jeep ended up rolling to 50,000 miles. I have only put on about 20,000 or more. But still pretty crazy feeling.
Also I'll be needing to do my regular maintenance oil change here shortly.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434381491.903796.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
so my squeak I have had for the last year, but ended up fixing a couple month ago has finally returned. I was afraid of this and knew it was going to come back because I believe it is a bent axle flange so here is really no way around it unless i replace the shafts.
Well the time has come for it (and i finally saved enough :twocents: for it). I have ordered a set of Ten Factory axle shafts that hopefully will ship out today :rock:. In addition to this since i will be taking all the parts off anyway to pull the axles, and my brake pads need to be replaced; i also decided to replace all 4 rotors and all brake pads. everything should be here next week and i will tackle this project hopefully the weekend after!

should i pick up any kind of grease to lube up the new axle shafts with (thats what she said) before I slip them into the housing?

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Im thinking about ordering up the Evo Rock Skin Corners today but don't have much confidence in installing these myself. i am wondering if there is anyone in the So Cal (LA) area that has some experience or can lend a hand on installing these? I would be willing to travel to your area.

Spudcannons

Im thinking about ordering up the Evo Rock Skin Corners today but don't have much confidence in installing these myself. i am wondering if there is anyone in the So Cal (LA) area that has some experience or can lend a hand on installing these? I would be willing to travel to your area.

Good call. Nutserts are the bane of my existence.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
So i recently got a new job and have been working a lot more than normal so i haven't really posted up or followed anything on the form. but this weekend i was finally able to install some parts that had been laying in my living room for awhile. Nothing too exciting for me, they were all fixing problems related. however it was a long day and much more difficult that i had planned.
I didn't take very many photos but this is what i did take pictures of.

here is the new axle and the old axle. i replaced both sides but only took pictures of these.
1.jpg

here it is finally installed.
2.jpg

I also thought it was a good idea (since i had to take it all off anyway) to replace the rotors as well as the brake pads. The brake pads were really low so it was a good time to replace them.
3.jpg

I am kinda weird in that aspect of replacing parts... if i replace the rear rotors, why not replace the front as well; so they are all on the same life cycle. So here is the fronts complete.
4.jpg

the test drive all went well and everything sounds good. In addition i no longer have a squeak while driving or while breaking (Knock on Wood).!:rock:

Although this all took me about 6+ hours I only ran into one real issue while replacing everything. The old rotor on the front passenger side was stuck on because of the time spent in Utah so it took a lot of persuasion to knock it loose. Good thing i wasn't planning on reusing it. but i think its a pretty good day and everything turned out as planned. so why not end the night of in a wayalife fashion?

Cheers!
5.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Death Wobble

So i had my first experience with Death Wobble. Not very exciting to say the least! but i did keep my cool and not get upset at the fact it happened like i thought i would. after reading Eddie's post about it and doing a bit of research i am thinking some new ball joints are in the near future, or a new track bar. My current track bar is adjustable however the adjustment part actually come into contact with the bracket; so im thinking thats not very good. Also i had my girlfriend turn the wheels while i looked for movement on all the components, however i didn't notice anything out of place.

Anyway, wondering if some fellow members can give some recommendation on both Ball Joints and track bars? I would really like to get the Dynatrac Prosteer ball joints but im afraid they are a little out of my price range.

Thanks in advance for the info.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Been awhile since I posted last not much in the jeep fund lately:( I was able to get a new air intake because I had a gift for doing a write up for my seat covers; so it only cost $33.

I got the RedRock cold air intake

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447949555.517449.jpg

Not the best photo but it's all I got right now. Oh and my engine compartment still has all the dust from this years Wayalife kick off run.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I have had this rugged ridge CB radio bracket laying around for awhile so I thought I would throw it up since I had some time today. The install was super easy straight forward. Now to see how well it works.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449016623.962859.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449016635.622952.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449016645.124709.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I also had some time to work on the track bar which I have been meaning to do since I got my jeep. Whoever installed it did a poor job because it came into contact with the bracket. U can see when the collar use to contact the bracket.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449016947.559928.jpg

Now that I fixed the problem I am hoping I didn't create a new one....

With the collar turned around and not contacting the bracket am I going to run into any problems with the bolt or collar contacting the steering stabilizer when articulating?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449016893.340569.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449016970.762386.jpg

I might be able to turn it a so the bolt is pointing up a little more but wanted to get some feed back.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Awhile back I had to replace my battery. While doing so one of the bolts on Quadratecs Extreme Duty Battery Terminals broke in half. Luckily I still had the original terminals so I just replace for the moment.

Want to give a shout out to Quadratec and the customer service. I emailed them about the issue and they shipped me a new set the following Monday.

I received them this last week and got them installed.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449608298.909788.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449608355.496195.jpg

Top Bottom