My Experience with the Carson City Jeep

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My experience and that of my friends has been, deal with the parts dept at Lithia Jeep is good, buying a new Jeep there sucks. Always go outside of Reno to buy the vehicle, bunch of crooks working the stealerships in town, all brands.

Well, if I need any more OE parts in the future, I'll give them a try. Thanks for the tip.

Sucks that the Parts Manager at the Carson City Stealership is a douche. Perhaps he's going to be replaced real soon? :idontknow:

Honestly, I somehow doubt it but I'm half tempted to go back there to buy something simple like Mopar ATF or something they HAVE TO HAVE in stock and specifically ask for him... just to be an ass :D

Generally when it's 'special order' they state the restocking fee and situation up front. It's on them if they failed to properly notify you.

Like I said, had I known that ahead of time, the president wouldn't have been hearing from me.

Sorry you had trouble Eddie. :grayno:

Steering box purchased in Reno.

Part department in Reno is hit or miss, depending on the person/day.

Service department in Reno has been good to me.

Service department in Carson has been good to me.

Sales department in Carson was good.

Sales department in Reno was a joke.

My :two cents:

Edit: Overlander was wrong…yet again. :cheesy:

Well, the president and I had a nice talk and I have to say, he really went the distance to make me believe he was truly sorry for the behavior of his staff. Because of it, I will definitely be giving them a look when it comes time to buy a new Jeep. As far as the parts department goes, if I actually thought they would have anything in stock, I might consider using them again but as it would seem, if I really needed something in a pinch, Reno would be the better place to go.

Unfortunately, like so much in life, knowing someone on the inside is helpful. My sales experience at Lithia was good because I knew the senior salesman personally. He is gone now.

My experience with the parts department has been amusing. I've never dealt with the CC dealership.

One thing is for certain, every regular member of this forum knows far more about Jeeps than any dealership salesperson I have ever met.

Well, from all that I've heard of Lithia, I won't be buy any Jeeps from them but, if they have common OE parts in stock, it'd be a step up from Carson City.

RSOV Mk2

I have yet to have any service experience with either dealership, but the carson city sales staff can go play in the california woods right about now for all I care about them. Lithia in Reno was actually very awesome dealing with my individual situation. Only pain in the butt was when we couldn't come to terms my first trip in, I had to make a 2nd in from out here when the manager called and was able to make numbers work with "my demands" so to speak.

Carson city was rude, inconsiderate towards my wife, and generally unknowledgable as well about what they even had on the lot. Plus they didn't have anything that wasn't full mall crawl deckout.. I intend to get dirty, scratch it at some point, etc... not polish leather and rims.

Top Bottom