Rausch Creek 09/20/14

JKFlyer

I need to get a cover, unless it doesn't keep all the water out. One of last years winter outings I needed to pull line and it was frozen :grayno:

guys, on the cover front...i bought one for my last one...a really expensive one that accomadates a winch with solenoid in upper left side. i think i paid 50 or 60 and it is good material (think warn). id be up for selling it....PM me.

anyway, point is that after leaving cover on, it creates moisture underneath and can aactually cause more issues than not. with steel line (now i have synthenic) its definitely bad cause it could cause line to rust out and after less than a year, it was showing premature signs...yet i never kept stell line lubed either.. keep this in mind when and if you buy one. guys at Q-tec...and i asked several...seem to generally NOT cover theirs. just my :twocents:

on another note, does not look like i can make it :( wifey got sept work schedule and is working that weekend. :doh::doh::doh::doh:

noroad

guys, on the cover front...i bought one for my last one...a really expensive one that accomadates a winch with solenoid in upper left side. i think i paid 50 or 60 and it is good material (think warn). id be up for selling it....PM me.

anyway, point is that after leaving cover on, it creates moisture underneath and can aactually cause more issues than not. with steel line (now i have synthenic) its definitely bad cause it could cause line to rust out and after less than a year, it was showing premature signs...yet i never kept stell line lubed either.. keep this in mind when and if you buy one. guys at Q-tec...and i asked several...seem to generally NOT cover theirs. just my :twocents:

on another note, does not look like i can make it :( wifey got sept work schedule and is working that weekend. :doh::doh::doh::doh:

This is a great point to take the cover off on nice days, but road salt will take your winch out in one bad winter. I would take this all in and use a cover on salty days and snowy days, then take off for any sun!

JKFlyer

This is a great point to take the cover off on nice days, but road salt will take your winch out in one bad winter. I would take this all in and use a cover on salty days and snowy days, then take off for any sun!

its a good point. definitely cover up during winter storms..
otherwise i leave it off. although i will say this last winter...here in NJ, i didnt cover up....but i am also an anal freak that will wash my jeep so long as it's 30 degrees and above to get all salt off (yes, powerwashing undercarriage each time too) :crazyeyes:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
its a good point. definitely cover up during winter storms..
otherwise i leave it off. although i will say this last winter...here in NJ, i didnt cover up....but i am also an anal freak that will wash my jeep so long as it's 30 degrees and above to get all salt off (yes, powerwashing undercarriage each time too) :crazyeyes:

Quadratecs winch manual actually tells you to go out at least once a week with a hot bucket of water to get the salt off of the winch to help keep it from rusting in the winter :yup:

With this many poeple i might ask that people state there first name and if/when you know what your over night plans will be, just so i can mark them down! thanks

Bob here. I will be there on Saturday. Coming up from northern VA Friday night. No plan for accommodations yet.

Yes I just want to leave it on most of the mall crawling time. Remove it when it actually goes into the wild.

I wanted(may still) to extend the engagement/ disengagement lever and it leave it on all the time but never having a winch before I don't know how hot they get.
Wil also help protect the synthetic line from uv exposure

I did this on mine. It makes for a very clean install and hides most of the winch. It works well and keeps a lot of dirt and crap off the winch and line. The plate is made of 1/8" aluminum so the holes were easy to cut.
Hidden in there is a Warn M8000 winch.

Here is the best pic I have of the cover plate. You can see the hole so you can engage the clutch.
winchCoverPlate2 (1024x588).jpg

The red handle is a power cutoff switch for the winch.
WinchCoverPlate (1024x589).jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Group has been capped!!!

Just a heads up that the group limit has been capped at 20 rigs! we are doing this because we would like to be able to stay as one group if possible! This will also allow us to still teach people and spot if needed! if you are on the maybe list please let us know if you can go. the same goes for those on the going list, please let us know if you can no longer go! thank you all!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Just a heads up that the group limit has been capped at 20 rigs! we are doing this because we would like to be able to stay as one group if possible! This will also allow us to still teach people and spot if needed! if you are on the maybe list please let us know if you can go. the same goes for those on the going list, please let us know if you can no longer go! thank you all!

Well shit. I still don't have a definite yes or no. Probably won't till last minute. Still trying to figure some stuff out. :(

2014 JKUR

noroad

Well shit. I still don't have a definite yes or no. Probably won't till last minute. Still trying to figure some stuff out. :(

2014 JKUR

Dont worry you have a spot if it fills! People who let us know are a maybe are safe! We just dont want 10 ppl to jump on the week before and have 30 jeeps lol!

Edit
This doesnt not mean that maybe ppl should wait to the last minute to let use no what is going on! Please keep us updated as you know!

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Dont worry you have a spot if it fills! People who let us know are a maybe are safe! We just dont want 10 ppl to jump on the week before and have 30 jeeps lol!

Edit
This doesnt not mean that maybe ppl should wait to the last minute to let use no what is going on! Please keep us updated as you know!

what he said^^^

2014 JKUR

GRNHORN

2014 JKUR

Ty it would be awesome to see you guys again. If you can't get the romance the wife's wants on this trip tell her you will make it up to her later. This trip is for meeting new people and having a good time. She will enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Edit

I appreciate that. :thumbup: and like I said. Ill post up as soon as I have an answer.

2014 JKUR

noroad

I appreciate that. :thumbup: and like I said. Ill post up as soon as I have an answer.

2014 JKUR

sweet man! I am pretty pumped for this as the lady gets to wheel her own jeep before the coilovers come! Also get to meet know people and teach a couple of people some wheeling skills.

Top Bottom