Rausch Creek 09/20/14

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Sweet. Tango

Question, how low can I air my tires down before I slip a bead? I'm running 15x8" steel wheels with 12.5x35" Mickey Thompson's. Ran them down to around 10psi on the road and a little trail behind the house with no issues.... opinions?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

I had been down to 8 on my old set up which was very similar to yours. Eddie said that with such a wide tire and a narrow rim it acts as a beadlock. You will be fine at 10

JKWrang

I had been down to 8 on my old set up which was very similar to yours. Eddie said that with such a wide tire and a narrow rim it acts as a beadlock. You will be fine at 10

Thats what I hear as well. Particularly when running 7.5 or 8s the wider tire that - provided the tire fits - it will act as a poor man's beadlock when aired low.

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thats what I hear as well. Particularly when running 7.5 or 8s the wider tire that - provided the tire fits - it will act as a poor man's beadlock when aired low.

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yup exactly!

Armydog

Practicing for this weekend.....
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410924210.284614.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410924220.443692.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410924228.782735.jpg
....it was actually a lot steeper than it looks in the picture....really. I got cold feet and backed off cause it felt like I was going to flop over backwards! Maybe I should stay in the mall parking lot...

dannymalkin

Hey everyone, unfortunately I definitely won't be able to make it on Saturday. I will be around Sunday wheeling with some local friends so if anyone will still be there I'd love to say hi!

Practicing for this weekend.....
View attachment 100524 View attachment 100525 View attachment 100526
....it was actually a lot steeper than it looks in the picture....really. I got cold feet and backed off cause it felt like I was going to flop over backwards! Maybe I should stay in the mall parking lot...

I can totally appreciate that. Andrew and I went this past weekend and there were a few things we did that puckered up the butthole a bit. lol
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410950267.047284.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410950281.065802.jpg

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
If it's anything like this morning it's going to suck driving up at 6:30 Saturday morning being 45 degrees without the top and doors.... 😳

Armydog

So I broke BOTH my cheap ass off road switches pulling the dash panel while installing the CB. Ordered replacements from amazon. Should be here tomorrow, I hope. FML.

So I broke BOTH my cheap ass off road switches pulling the dash panel while installing the CB. Ordered replacements from amazon. Should be here tomorrow, I hope. FML.

What switches did you break? Where did you end up installing your CB?

Armydog

The rocker switches for my windshield and push bar lights.... cheapo ebay switches but they fit in the stock locations on the lower dash.

Installed the CB to the bottom edge of the dash under the glove box. My wife is short so it is not in her way down there....

I'll post a picture in a bit.

Top Bottom