TEASER VIDEO : The WAYALIFE California or Bust Epic Jeep Adventure

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wish I could have made it. What an epic adventure!

It was a tough trip to ask anyone to do being that we were gone so long and that it cost so much money. We sure did miss you though and hope you can join us on other trips like it in the future.

Great teaser! Such an awesome trip. Sorry to hear about the end though. Here's to a speedy recovery!

Wow, it's very unfortunate about the rollover. It's never fun when a fellow jeeper get hurt. I hope he had a speedy recovery and can back to wheeling soon.

It was a frightening and surreal experience for sure and one that I hope to never have to see again. Ken was real lucky and could have easily been more seriously injured or worse. Fortunately for him, he had a sport cage and by the look of things, it saved his life. I'm sure he'll chime in soon but as it stands, we're all ready to start cannibalizing his old Jeep for very expensive parts :yup:

Nice teaser. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Unfortunately, it may be a while being that we really want to finish up the last leg of it but, I'm glad to hear this is something that would interest you.

A trip of a lifetime with good friends. Thank you Eddie and Cindy for putting all this together.
An adventure of a lifetime which I hope to get to continue and finish soon:yup::thumb:

So glad that you and Kevin could join us for this trip :yup:

Thank you to Eddie and Cindy for everything that you guys did to make this an adventure of a lifetime. I can’t wait for the full-length video because seeing these pics made me remember how much we did in such a short time! :clap2:

Thank you and Lori for being a part of this trip. We sure did a ton is a short amount of time :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Eddie and Cindy for putting together this awesome trip of a life time.

So many great memories!

We are so happy Ken will make a full recovery and be able to complete this epic adventure in the not so distant future.

Cindy and I really need to thank you, Steph and your daughter Christina again for all your help in making this trip possible. I honestly don't think we could have done it without you guys. I hope we can do more trips like this with you in the near future.

Awesome! I'm still bummed I couldn't make this epic trip. I sincerely look forward to watching this video and loving vicariously through you all.

I really didn't know that Ken was involved in an accident. I pray he makes a full recovery. :yup: :thumb:

We missed you on this one for sure. Hopefully Ken will chime in soon but, the last time I talked to him, he was doing really good.

Prayers going out to Ken and his family for a full recovery! It is awesome that you all are going to finish the adventure together. Kudos :thumbup: Thank you Eddie and Cindy for sharing all that you do!

Oh yeah, wouldn't be right to finish the trip unless we were altogether.

MTG

Caught the Bug
That was great! :clap2:

Now I need to figure out how to watch the video in slow mode. ;)

Dean454

Lucky

I don't want to get all sentimental cause I am a man and all...but I have lived in Utah for 25 years now and have been a Jeep owner for one year. In that year I have seen more of Utah than all other years combined. I never understood until recently how amazing Jeeps are and what they allow a person and family to do. It truly is a Wayalife. Unless you are a part of it, you can't truly understand. I wouldn't trade it for the world now. I literally work a second job just to pay for things for my Jeep and trips in my Jeep. Eddie and Cindy are very lucky in that they have seen more of America than most people ever will. Your videos take us on those trips with you...so thank you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great trailer! I anxiously await the full length film.

A few things that came to mind while watching this.....
1) So you guys are overlanding??
2) 4000 miles, not possible without a snorkel or roof rack
3) 40" tires? Where do you get a replacement when one suddenly explode.

...and of course this was me just stirring the age old debate of the Overlanding definition ;)

1) Is that what people call a "road trip" that involves a lot of miles on dirt? :idontknow:
2) If you can believe it, we didn't even wear khaki pants! We did wear cowboy hats though - does that count? :crazyeyes:
3) The group had already decided should that happen, I was to be buried in a shallow grave under a withering cactus and have kum-by-ya sung over my remains. The eulogy would lament my failure to realize the foolishness in attempting to make a trek of this nature running such a ridiculous tire size. :D

Truly an adventure of a lifetime with great friends. Thank you Cindy and Eddie for planning and leading us through this journey and sharing the historical knowledge you accumulated with us. It's amazing what those trail blazers in the 1840s and 50 s were willing to do.

Ken, I'm happy you are on you're way to full recovery:yup: We will see you soon:thumb:

It really is amazing and that so many of the original emigrant actually did it all on foot. Thank you and Joe for joining us and we hope that you will be able to finish up the trip as soon as Ken is ready.

You guys put together some of the best wheeling trips!! The videos you create are an amazing show of talent and skill. Thanks for sharing your hard work with us!

Thank you, we really do appreciate it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That was great! :clap2:

Now I need to figure out how to watch the video in slow mode. ;)

In youtube you can change the speed to .25 :yup: Just click the gear icon bottom right of video...

Really?? I never knew that. In fact, I just looked and unless I'm missing something, I did see anything that would allow me to do that under the gear icon. :grayno:

I don't want to get all sentimental cause I am a man and all...but I have lived in Utah for 25 years now and have been a Jeep owner for one year. In that year I have seen more of Utah than all other years combined. I never understood until recently how amazing Jeeps are and what they allow a person and family to do. It truly is a Wayalife. Unless you are a part of it, you can't truly understand. I wouldn't trade it for the world now. I literally work a second job just to pay for things for my Jeep and trips in my Jeep. Eddie and Cindy are very lucky in that they have seen more of America than most people ever will. Your videos take us on those trips with you...so thank you.

I have done a lot of traveling in my lifetime but always love exploring America the best. There's just so much to see and enjoy in our very own country and I don't think I'll ever be able to see it all. I'm glad that you enjoy our videos. :yup:

JeepFan

Hooked
Really?? I never knew that. In fact, I just looked and unless I'm missing something, I did see anything that would allow me to do that under the gear icon. :grayno:

It only seems to work with Chrome and IE. I tried Firefox and could only change the quality.

JeepFan

Hooked
It only seems to work with Chrome and IE. I tried Firefox and could only change the quality.

Just confirmed that the web browser must support HTML5 to use the speed changer.

I must say you guys definitely took a ton of pics. Very cool!

Last edited:

Dean454

In youtube you can change the speed to .25 :yup: Just click the gear icon bottom right of video...

This does work, I also found it under the "gear" icon and then click "speed". .25 is the best speed, it slows it down just enough to actually see the pictures. I missed a lot when watching at normal speed.

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Very talented! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for the video!

sent using the WAYALIFE app...

Flyer

Looks great. Could not slow it down in Safari or YouTube but looking forward to the full feature. This one will be a lot of fun to watch.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Wow I really enjoyed that teaser! I'm glad to hear ken is alright and recovering! How much more of the trail did you have to cover?

Top Bottom