JEEP TRAIL OFFROAD GPS: What GPS is everyone running?

That wouldn't feel good.
I would pull the airbag... I pulled my airbag because my daughter rides shotgun in her car seat.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

When I pull on my airbag she gets pissed..Just saying, lol.

SDG

Caught the Bug
I don't get it. You need a passenger to read it but if you have a passenger and the airbag goes off in an accident, your GPS will be implanted in their skull.

Thats their punishment for being a shitty navigator?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I don't get it. You need a passenger to read it but if you have a passenger and the airbag goes off in an accident, your GPS will be implanted in their skull.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407760831.442787.jpg

Carolina Metal Masters makes this for an iPad mount. Was thinking it would work for the gps.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
GPS for iPad

I am looking for GPS program for my iPad that doesn't require Internet or cellular connection, any recommendations?

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I have an iPad mini and a bad elf GPS receiver, what I am looking for is a street map program to go with it.

Benny

I use an app call "you need a map". It was free when I downloaded it and it works great. It is a huge app but it has all the offroad topo info. It is not a turn by turn GPS but it will tell you were you are when offline.

ssgp2

I use three because I found that depending of the region I'm traveling, the maps available are not the same resolution.

Gaia, GPS kit HD, Backpacker.

Tom Tom for urban area

spicoli

Jeep NAV system for offroad

I'm going to be purchasing or ordering a new 2015 Wrangler here very soon. Around town and road trips I just use my phone for GPS and wouldn't pay for Jeep NAV system to have it built into my dash. But I am curious if it can be used for off-roading navigation (when you don't have cell service) or if there is software that can be loaded onto it for off-road trail navigation.
I am more of an exhibitionist than a rock crawler, so often I come to forks in the road and I have to pull out my big old red map to figure out which way I need to go.
Also I don't know if there is a topo option or if it is always the 5 feet off the ground view that those non-built into the dash units always have. I prefer topo maps.

Thanks in advance for your input and advice.

Top Bottom