Riots in STL...too close to home

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Here's another one that won't make big time news....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ned-it-wasnt-a-safe-place-for-whites-witness/

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

I'm not racist, but I grew up and still live about 60 miles west if St. Louis. All this talk about hating on blacks doesn't make sense to me. My dad and grandfather(s) all taught me that there are black people and there's that other word that I'm not gonna say on here. Some blacks and even some whites can fall into the category of the word I'm not gonna say on here. All of the people doing the looting and vandalism are in this category as well. In my mind I also believe that Michael Brown fell into that category as well. Especially after hearing he strong armed the convenience store clerk and threatened the police officers life. The officer did what he was trained to do, immobilize the attacker. Put yourselves in his shoes, you're by yourself, you get attacked by a large man, with adrenaline pumping in the heat of the moment, it would make it very hard to only squeeze the trigger once (at least for me).

Reasons like this is why growing up in a big city, you learn to avoid these parts of the city if you're not a local. North county (Ferguson area), south county, and East St. Louis are the places that are pounded into our heads to avoid when traveling into/through St. Louis.

BlackRockBurner

Let's let the FBI find out ALL the facts before any decisions are made. It's obvious the local force is lacking due to officer leaving scene, not collecting / securing evidence, not getting witness reports. Outside investigation without local ties the only way to find out what happened. New evidence of Skype recording with audio of gunshots (6 in succession - 3 second pause- then 4 more) must be confirmed then added. With local prosecutor family ties to local police, Grand Jury is suspect. I respect law but know there are bad officers out there.

As to racism and discrimination. It exists, saying it doesn't is not being honest. And I find it amusing that people who never have been discriminated against can speak objectively about the subject.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Wow, get your facts straight. Nobody left the scene unattended. It was very well preserved and is being very professionally investigated by all parties involved.

There is a lot of info that has not been released, trying not to compromise the case.

It makes me sick to see so many people forming opinions before the investigation is complete. Plus Damion Johnson, Michael Brown's running partner has been lying from the start and evidence release so far has proved that.

Don't be so fast to convict before you know the FACTS, not rumors and hearsay.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlackRockBurner

I

Wow, get your facts straight. Nobody left the scene unattended. It was very well preserved and is being very professionally investigated by all parties involved.

There is a lot of info that has not been released, trying not to compromise the case.

It makes me sick to see so many people forming opinions before the investigation is complete. Plus Damion Johnson, Michael Brown's running partner has been lying from the start and evidence release so far has proved that.

Don't be so fast to convict before you know the FACTS, not rumors and hearsay.

Officer moved car, car was not inspected for powder residue. If first shot was in car, then powder would be on officer, on victim , all over car interior. Not reported as shooting, so slow response for forensic team. Who is to say Johnson is lying, sure he lied in the past but does that mean he is not telling the truth now? Who's talking about forming opinions when you read your own post.

Agree, not all info is released but some of the info released against advise was an attempted character assassination to paint a picture of a bad guy. When the officers name was released there was no good reason to inflame the public with the video of the cigar encounter. It has nothing to do with the shooting.

Last edited:

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I assume you are located here in St. Louis (Ferguson) and have law enforcement experience and have inside info.

Last edited:

BlackRockBurner

I assume you are located hear in St. Louis (Ferguson) and have law enforcement experience

I volunteer as a Ranger, work with Police and BLM and my uncle was forensics for San Francisco, brother is Fire Investigator for San Francisco, I was photographer in USAF worked with CIA FBI OSI. I may know and understand a few things on collecting evidence.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I stayed at a holiday inn last night. Dude says his friend was shot in the back, autopsy shows otherwise. The earlier robbery, if true, is relevant in so far as it may provide an incentive for the robber to flee or fight with an officer.

One thing I hope we can all agree on is that what little "facts" are known can be spun in a number of different ways.

Best thing to do is wait until all of the relevant information is obtained before passing judgment.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I'm from St. Louis and have lived here all my life. I also recently retired from a 34 year career as a Police Officer with the rank of Sgt.

I have a very good working knowledge of whats going on.

Your not here, stop judging and telling things about the investigation that you have no first hand knowledge.

Sad very sad.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I

Officer moved car, car was not inspected for powder residue. If first shot was in car, then powder would be on officer, on victim , all over car interior. Not reported as shooting, so slow response for forensic team. Who is to say Johnson is lying, sure he lied in the past but does that mean he is not telling the truth now? Who's talking about forming opinions when you read your own post.

Agree, not all info is released but some of the info released against advise was an attempted character assassination to paint a picture of a bad guy. When the officers name was released there was no good reason to inflame the public with the video of the cigar encounter. It has nothing to do with the shooting.

With your extensive background, you don't see how robbing a store has anything to do with attacking a police officer and the shooting that followed?

Hack12

This guyyyyyyyyy, hows that stang man!!! you should come on the RC trip!

Stang is great. Gonna be a great time down in PA! I had to get my WAYALIFE fix, it's been missing in my life as of late. I think I may throw a decal on the Mustang, lol.

photo 6661 (1)1.jpg

What do you think?? :yup:

Last edited:

BlackRockBurner

On initial contact did officer say:
"Sir, please stay off the street and walk on the sidewalk." (Respect) -or-
"Get the frack off the street!"

Initial contact sets the tone.

BlackRockBurner

:cheesy: :bleh: This is correct but what are you insinuating?

The officer can control the way things go. That's training. Treat people like shit and that's how the return is.

In above article/ point #3 says guilty act guilty not always true. Some know that acting cool will minimize action. What I am saying is outside investigation must take place to regain public trust. The local force does not have the local populations trust.

JAGS

Hooked
On initial contact did officer say:
"Sir, please stay off the street and walk on the sidewalk." (Respect) -or-
"Get the frack off the street!"

Initial contact sets the tone.

Your comments and argument are idiotic. Were you there? How the fuck do you know what was sad, let alone the tone in which it was said?

And what if he did say "get the F off the street!" at some point. So a civilian can feel entitled to combat a cop because he was stern. Mind you he had just robbed another man, committed an assault, and was illegally walking in a roadway.

Your posts are idiotic. Yes, worth mentioning twice. Why are you still here. You need to just leave and/or let this topic go.

- Jason

BlackRockBurner

Did you not see my opinion that outside investigation is needed? Who will police the police? Because power corrupts.

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
The officer can control the way things go. That's training. Treat people like shit and that's how the return is.

In above article/ point #3 says guilty act guilty not always true. Some know that acting cool will minimize action. What I am saying is outside investigation must take place to regain public trust. The local force does not have the local populations trust.

So walked down the middle of the street is acting cool?

Did you attend a police academy to become a ranger ?

Top Bottom