Front axle leaking diff fluid?

Nhfd01

I have a 2013 JKU 3.21 gears 35's, just came back from a road trip 1200 miles and both front axles are leaking diff fluid, would both seals go bad at once?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 2013 JKU 3.21 gears 35's, just came back from a road trip 1200 miles and both front axles are leaking diff fluid, would both seals go bad at once?

Are you saying they are leaking from the axle seals?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, looks like it could very well be axle seal leaks. I see you are running 35" tires - I don't know what your axle looks like but, if I could guess, there's a good chance that your tubes are bent at the pumpkin.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
X2 on being bent. I didn't want to believe that I could have bent a housing with 35" tires, but I did and am now running a pr44 housing

Oggy

I think I have the same issue. The dealer here in Dubai isn't good with warranty issues.
I'm wondering if I can replace the tubes and seals or if I need to upgrade the axle.
I have a Dana 33 with 3.21 and 34 inch wheels.
I use the car as a DD and a lot of Desert Driving.

Mikes Offroad

I have found that the aftermarket axle seals suck. I fixed a leak once and they started leaking again a week later. Since that day I pay the extra for the Mopar axle seal which has not leaked since almost ten months now. The first set I recieved from Northridge, not sure on what seals they sell but they sucked.

CrazyLarry

x2 on buying aftermarket axle seals they do suck. Had 2 sets installed and both leaked shortly after. Ordered mopar seals no more leaking

I'm seeing 2 different part #'s on seals.
I have the 1 piece seal. Crown showing for TJ/Jk 44 (5014852AB) The other is a 2 piece seal but 2013 + (5014852AC)
I'm assuming the shaft diameter is bigger 2013+ Unless there's something else I'm not aware of ??
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409270908.133626.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409270917.285009.jpg

MNTN JK

Just had my seals done today. 30,000 miles found out both were leaking. Dealer went in found rust and pitting In seal groove of axle shaft. Dealer fixed both and replaced both shafts nice....No questions asked running a lift and 35's I feel a bit lucky that they were cool....Adrian Mi jeep dealer fyi...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

GuillaumeC91

Same issue here. Only leaking a bit on passenger side. I'm still running stock and sad looking 29" tires. Granted I only have the D30 upfront, the Jeep has only seen a handful of moderate trails.

Possibly just the seals? I have a hard time thinking the tubes could be bent but could they?

1411959520991.jpg 1411959532575.jpg

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

Top Bottom