Jeep JK/TJ Led lighting info

Frydaddy

These are not directions. Requesting for help on the install.
I will be trying this install tonight. Just want to confirm my connections will be correct with the resistors.
I am using this resistor and maxxima led lights

- Plug the bottom (3 wire) pigtail of LED tail light Into the resistor and cut the adaptor off the resistor end and use wires in same orientation as pvanweelden states in post #7 above.
- cut the top pigtail off the the LED tail light.
- connect both white wires from LED tail light and resistor to OEM black wire.
- connect red wire from top pigtail of LED light to white/green of OEM wire.
- connect red wire from resistor to white/yellow OEM wire.
- connect black wire from resistor to white/purple OEM wire.
Can someone confirm this will work and the resistor will still be used properly?
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seems pretty straight forward... just a little deciphering.

Maxxima M85416R led taillight with reverse. New design is actually a flat mount (older model required a 4" hole) you just need a 1" hole in the middle for the wires to go through.
If you didn't get the pigtail wire ends, just cut the pl-3 ends off the wires.
There are 2 pigtails- the top is reverse and the bottom is stop/tail light. The white wires on both need to be tied together to the ground.
Top pigtail-
White- ground
Red- reverse
Bottom pigtail-
White- ground
Red- stop/turn
Black- tail light
Do not attach the 2 red wires together. They are separate circuits- top red is reverse, bottom red is stop/turn.
12 leds white/12 leds red.
$76 for 2 from randpcarriages.com http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-Maxxima...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5667690235
Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK- Adding led side markers-
Black led wire goes to white factory wire
White led wire goes to black factory wire.
See one wire mod to add flashing of side marker http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?15486-Blinker-Mod-for-2013
When doing this mod- the led black wire would go to the white wire from the side marker factory wiring.
The led white wire would go to the factory bottom (drivers side) white wire on the harness for front turn signal or top white (passenger side)
JK- Rear Tail light wiring-
Tail- white/purple tracer
Stop/ Left Turn- white/yellow tracer
Stop/ Right Turn- also white/yellow wire ?
Reverse- white/green tracer
Black is ground
*Note- you will need a 50 watt 6 ohm resistor that will go on the turn signal wire (hook one side of resistor to factory wire, other side to led wire)
2 resistors can be bought for $4 on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Jtech-Resisto...08036330&sr=8-3&keywords=50watt+6ohm+resistor
Will add more later

The Yellow plug goes to the bottom plug on the LED pod.
The female plug on the adapter cable can be cut.

The White adapter wire goes to OEM Black
The Red adapter wire goes to OEM White/yellow
The Black adapter wire goes to OEM White/Purple

The top White LED wire goes to OEM Black
The top Red LED wire goes to OEM White/Green

All that remains is the top Black LED wire, doesnt appear to go anywhere.
Hope this helps clarify.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Ok so I ran into a problem when I went to start this. The tail light wires for my JK have slightly different colors than described above, and both sides are different. Can someone help me identify them?

Driver side:
IMG_6979.JPG

Passenger side:
IMG_6978.JPG

Frydaddy

Ok so I ran into a problem when I went to start this. The tail light wires for my JK have slightly different colors than described above, and both sides are different. Can someone help me identify them?
Driver side:
Passenger side:

Well I know the white/brown is reverse, Black is of course ground, Not sure which is which on the other two.

Beng

Driver side:
View attachment 234771

Passenger side:
View attachment 234772

MSavage did you figure this out? I installed the eve corners today and can't figure out which wire to which for the life of me. I have white with a yellow stripe, white with a dark grey stripe, black, red, white with a purple stripe...

Top Bottom