Mini Jump Pack

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Don't know if there's a thread for this or not, but I went to my local NAPA today because they had lunch provided for there tool sale. They were demonstrating a new Li-ion mini jump pack that they just started selling. It's the first one I'd seen, but after a quick search on Amazon, seems there's quite a few out under different brand names. Just thought I'd post it up here because I thought it'd be something handy to throw in your recovery gear bag. :thumb: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H22DABK?pc_redir=1407907145&robot_redir=1

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
they look pretty neat, i seen some on northridge and i was at a loves truck stop and cobra makes one also. the other day my neighbor asked if i had cables and needed a jump, be nice to toss him one of these.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
The owner of the local NAPA had the battery unhooked in a Grand Prix and put the leads from the jump pack directly on the cable ends...car started right up. He said he had done five times before he demonstrated it to me. After the fifth time it still had almost full charge. I think the neat thing about it is that it also has a couple of USB ports on it for charging cell phones and powering a lap top. All in a package about the size of an iPhone 5!

dannymalkin

This looks pretty cool, I wonder how long it could sit before it needs a recharge? But it could end up being pretty useful.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
The shop I work at just bought one from NAPA since their tool sale is going on. Used it for the first time today, worked beautifully and was a lot more convenient than carry a heavy ass booster pack. As far as holding a charge, I think it should hold for a while being it a lithium ion battery.

Top Bottom