37's+ and brake question

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It does work. Now I never bothered to hook my VBox into the jeep and do a before and after test, but I felt it was a relatively significant difference. Call it a "seat of the pants" accelerometer....far outpacing pad replacements, SS brake lines, and a re-bleed of a perfectly fine system (mine was a 2014 JKUR with less than 8K miles on it) The effects were significant enough that most anyone felt it was very noticeable difference and would definitely help more than a bit especially at medium and higher speeds. Again, its not sports car performance, but it makes the jeep stop a lot more like a normal car. How much closer to a normal car? i never measured, but I was generally happy with the purchase....and I can't say that for many things I buy. Now many here would say that they don't trust the quality of the kit that I bought. I can't say anything about the porosity of their castings, or who was the OEM for the calipers, country of origin, etc. All I can say is that it was decent for 800ish dollars. Anyways...this is a dead horse. I'll stop beating it.

I'll just put this here....

This is an insanely idiotic debate and Im done with it. Im not going to decide whether the kit is worth $800 for anyone else other than me.

gleno99

The one thing that is missed here and I think needs to be mentioned is that for all you guys running 37's or bigger and I assume have longer brake lines installed, you may NEED to have your brake lines ABS bled especially if you have a 2012 or newer JK. A traditional manual bleed will do a pretty good job of getting your brakes working but if you really want to have the system cleared and performing at its best, the only way to do that is with a scan tool. Unfortunately, only a shop with a scan tool or your dealership can do this for you but, it can make a big difference.

Thanks for the info. I installed a lift with brake lines a month ago and they just started acting spongy like a little air got in the line. It wasn't bad but it was noticeable. I was looking around for leaks. I guess I'll take it to the dealer to be bled again.

Top Bottom