ALS ice bucket challenge

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So how many of my fellow wayalifers completed the ice bucket challenge to raise awareness for ALS? I was nominated by my father so not only did I partake in the challenge but I also pledged $100 as well.

If you have done it let's see some pics or video of you doing it!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408280157.761333.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
If someone dumped a bucket of ice on fallen heroes jeep, for whom would it raise awareness? :idontknow:

JK-JOHN-E

Thanx Cozdude, my Mom passed from ALS last August...seems appropriate this challenge has gained steam....support the cause ALS is a HORRIBLE disease...thanx again for supporting the effort. 👍👍👍👍

LoPo

Caught the Bug
If someone dumped a bucket of ice on fallen heroes jeep, for whom would it raise awareness? :idontknow:

Or if someone dumped ice water on their head for ALS awareness, for whom or what is awareness being raised when 91.67% of these videos fail to mention ALS once....or even describe what it is.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jackal01

It started as the person's choice of charity not just ALS. I chose a charity for fallen firefighters which most of us donated to. Most do the ice water and donate to their charity.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
There have been articles on the $ success for weeks. Well it's working to get donations, sure. But I think the vast majority of people are missing the point. It seems to have turned into "look at me" and one up the last person's video.

Jackal01

There have been articles on the $ success for weeks. Well it's working to get donations, sure. But I think the vast majority of people are missing the point. It seems to have turned into "look at me" and one up the last person's video.

Yup. Plenty of firefighter ones going to extraordinary lengths to do the challenge. It's dumb. Most of the guys I knew used the same method I did. We did like 6 challenges all within an hour and the same way. Some firefighters have even been injured with the crazy ways they have done it. Missed the entire point of the challenge.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked

Won't argue with you there. That is the "viral" world we live in. I doubt Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez and the all the boy/girl bands doing the IBC know much about the disease. But the longer it stays in the news, the more opportunity it brings to those that may look it up and educate themselves.

JKWrang

Overall - people are talking about it amd donations have skyrocketed. If only temporarily the issue is being brought to light. And if the overall public is donating, even in the wrong context.... its still contributing. No worries from me. Thats what matters.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I think as long as people talk about it the word will spread and people will continue to donate.

I agree that a lot of people are taking it the wrong way and only doing the challenge because they don't wanna donate. Others are just donating or doing the challenge and donating. The latter is what everyone should be doing. It brings attention to it and you are helping the cause as well.

Top Bottom