Atx Slab and BFG km2 seating issue

mrmike

I had a set of 37" km2s mounts on my slabs this week. They look like the bead lock ring doesn't seat right. Big gap compared to the Nitto which had no room at all. Held air just fine though. Do I need to reseat?

image-474640655.jpg

image-167979440.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler
That is definitely not seated properly. I would NOT air that up, let alone put weight on it. Who did the install? I would take it back or do it yourself. Use the link Coz posted.

mrmike

Had done at a tire shop that supposedly had experience with beadlocks. I did the Nittos myself and didn't have this.

What I think may have happened is they pushed the tire lip base the rim lip that it is supposed to sit and get pinched on. Does that sound plausible? I can't figure what else it could be.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Had done at a tire shop that supposedly had experience with beadlocks. I did the Nittos myself and didn't have this.

What I think may have happened is they pushed the tire lip base the rim lip that it is supposed to sit and get pinched on. Does that sound plausible? I can't figure what else it could be.

Yeah thy don't know what they are doing. I personally would mount them yourself so you know it's right

Top Bottom