These items are what I am looking at for a 2014 Rubicon Unlimited X

AEV JK 2007-14, Rear Tire Carrier
Rock Krawler JK 2.5 Max Travel System Kit - RKJK25MT-KIT
Rock Krawler JK Bomb Proof Adjustable Rear Track Bar and Bracket
J.E. REEL JK 2012+, Front 1310 C.V. Heavy Duty Drive Line, Automatic Trans
Fox Racing Shox JK, Steering Stabilizer
EVO Manufacturing JK Evo C2 Axle Gussets & Control Arm Skids Package - EVO1075
Rock Krawler JK Axle Truss - Front

My question is this overkill? This is a daily driver and will see some off roading (hunting and fishing) but no rock climbing unless I have too. I plan on running Wrangler DuraTrac (LT315/70R17) with stock wheels. Looking for input. Thanks!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

My question is this overkill? This is a daily driver and will see some off roading (hunting and fishing) but no rock climbing unless I have too. I plan on running Wrangler DuraTrac (LT315/70R17) with stock wheels. Looking for input. Thanks!

dont do the truss. you run a better risk of bending your axle when welding it on than driving for a while without it. everything else looks fine tho. not sure if your going to like the ride of the RK lift but ride is subjective. also save your money on the fox SS, its not needed. your stock SS is plenty. i still run my factory one. if you do decide to get rid of it tho let me know as i can always use a spare SS. :yup: Everything else looks fine tho

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Yeah, I'd skip the ss also and adjustable rear track bar. I didn't know they even made a jk truss, only one I've seen is for a Cherokee.

noroad

I dont think that is is over kill.

I am x2 no SS and no trust! Also im pretty sure you should be fine to run your stock drive shafts at 2.5 just might need an exhaust spacer for short money!

jeeeep

Hooked

If all you plan to run are Wrangler DuraTrac (LT315/70R17) with stock wheels, IMO I would save on the rear tire carrier. I've been running same size tire on my stock carrier for the last 4 years no issues and I do wheel it. Just need to make sure the tire is tight on the carrier, replace the stock rubber bump stops with Daystar Tailgate Bump Stops. You might use that money saved to buy aftermarket wheels with at least 4.5" backspace since you'll need spacers on the stock wheels with that tire size.

Skip the Fox SS - your stock SS is plenty and you won't get the push effect that Fox creates

no need for truss with what you plan to run, gussets are all I would invest in, like I mentioned I wheel mine with gussets only and no issues - btw I now have over 100k miles on it (2010)

save your money for a ProRock 44 for when you decide you may want to replace the front axle.

So with the money you save on eliminating the rear tire carrier, wheel spacers (not listed but you will need them with stock wheels), Fox SS and Axle truss plus any labor to install, you can get some nice wheels or other items like a oil pan skid, y-tube for the front - I think 2014 require this for a lift, Superchips tuner or similar to reset your tire size and automatic shift points

have fun! cheers! :beer:

Jaysend

I would wait in the tire carrier until you get your tires. I have a 35x12.50 mtr on my stock spare tire carrier. It fits. It is tight but it fits.

Top Bottom