LED accent lighting

Clayface

Im wanting to install some led's in various places inside and out. Has anyone ever installed lights to the underside of the mirrors? Id like to wire to the door side of the harness so I can keep taking the doors off like normal.

JKWrang

For looks or function? I've never seen that done before. Sounds interesting for sure

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clayface

Function. Essentially to have side entry lights. I guess if worse comes to worse, I could just mount them under the floor board and wire them along with my football lights.

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Mirror lights will probably be ineffective if you lift your jeep. I would just do rock lights and then wire them into the sword switch as well as a separate switch.

chris h.

I've had puddle lights on my mirrors on a few of my previous vehicles and they are pretty handy. I don't have remote locks on mine though, so they'd be useless. I would try and tie them in to the dome light.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
speaking of accent lights has anyone upgraded their dome lights to LED so its brighter in the cab?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
speaking of accent lights has anyone upgraded their dome lights to LED so its brighter in the cab?

On both jeeps I've done this. I used the 20 dollar kit from Northridge on the dozer and putco kit on the white one. Makes a huge difference. The Northridge kit for a 2 door should be cheaper.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
On both jeeps I've done this. I used the 20 dollar kit from Northridge on the dozer and putco kit on the white one. Makes a huge difference. The Northridge kit for a 2 door should be cheaper.

i might look into that then. thanks!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just looked, 2 doors are 15 bucks.

looks like im calling northridge......

images

JKFlyer

ditto
well worth the upgrade!

JKFlyer

I've had puddle lights on my mirrors on a few of my previous vehicles and they are pretty handy. I don't have remote locks on mine though, so they'd be useless. I would try and tie them in to the dome light.

I did this to dome light and it was a nightmare. the dimming fucntion (nothing you can change) fries any relays you may use...

JKFlyer

Snap, I wonder if there's a way around that?

There is but it involves buying a little computer device that puts a delay on signal...past dimming point....then sends signal to relay. I tried all sorts of different relays too and this is all that worked. If u r very serious about it and ready to do it...pm me and I'll dig through my records to see what I ordered

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clayface

I got my domes from superbright leds. My accent lights I'm getting from oznium

JKFlyer

I wired led lights to the dome light with no problem! They dim and everything, work perfectly.

MAYBE my issue is that i ws using a relay the way i wired it up. it was the relay that made crazy noises on dimming but if you wire it directly to Dome circuit (and your draw is low enough that it wont overload it ...meaning LED only) then i guess you would be fine. I oringally put in rock lights that were drawing 250 watts so that needed a relay

Clayface

Here's what I ended up with. Gonna piggyback on some footwell lights as well. Also considering something lighting up the front part. With as much light is in the rear, it looks real off balance up front. Very easy and fun mod. Love the look.

Attachments

• 1409194790203.jpg
    1409194790203.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 1409194802862.jpg
    1409194802862.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 1409194814323.jpg
    1409194814323.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 53
Top Bottom