Overlanding Gear

WJCO

Meme King
Perfect for swinging parents who enjoy the outdoors but still want to plug each other without all the kids knowing

Lol. That was my first thought too. My second thought was a government conspiracy to round up a bunch of people. Too much internet for me. :grayno:

Been looking at that too. Picked up Lodge griddle 25% off at Scheel's, a water jug, and a fold up wash basin for dishes.

Looks like I am basically building two different kitchens now, one lean and mean to keep in the Jeep and a bigger "family" setup.

Nice. I like everything Lodge puts out. Although it all stays at home from now on.
What wash basin did you go with? I'm eyeing the Sea To Summit basin pretty hard.

I'm getting away from heavy and big (insert Overlander's gay joke here) and going as light as I can. I pulled out our old car camping kitchen and started laughing. It's insane. Probably weighs over a hundred pounds with the stove, pots, pans and Dutch oven. And the space it takes up is crazy.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Nice. I like everything Lodge puts out. Although it all stays at home from now on.
What wash basin did you go with? I'm eyeing the Sea To Summit basin pretty hard.

I'm getting away from heavy and big (insert Overlander's gay joke here) and going as light as I can. I pulled out our old car camping kitchen and started laughing. It's insane. Probably weighs over a hundred pounds with the stove, pots, pans and Dutch oven. And the space it takes up is crazy.

I just went with an inexpensive Coleman fold up.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464066586.101418.jpg

I'm feeling you on the heavy kitchen kit. This family set that I'm putting together won't be light, and it will likely only be used with a trailer or with my Yukon XL. It's too much and too heavy for just the Jeep.

I'm still finishing the lightweight Jetboil based system for the Jeep.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

I just went with an inexpensive Coleman fold up.

View attachment 204743

I'm feeling you on the heavy kitchen kit. This family set that I'm putting together won't be light, and it will likely only be used with a trailer or with my Yukon XL. It's too much and too heavy for just the Jeep.

I'm still finishing the lightweight Jetboil based system for the Jeep.

Curious what you guys are doing for a kitchen box setup? I gathered the stuff to make something like these when I had my trailer

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464207383.031464.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464207413.125677.jpg

I'm thinking I may still make it and just throw it in the back of the Jeep when needed. Thoughts?

GraniteCrystal

So these aren't quite finished, but close enough to give you an idea. Hope to do a full write up in my build thread once they're completed in the next couple weeks

One for food/water. One for shelter.

Attachments

• 1464208503988.jpg
    1464208503988.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 292
  • 1464208526334.jpg
    1464208526334.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 297

WJCO

Meme King
So these aren't quite finished, but close enough to give you an idea. Hope to do a full write up in my build thread once they're completed in the next couple weeks

Very cool. Good to have that stuff for sure.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Curious what you guys are doing for a kitchen box setup? I gathered the stuff to make something like these when I had my trailer

View attachment 205077
View attachment 205078

I'm thinking I may still make it and just throw it in the back of the Jeep when needed. Thoughts?

Those are pretty cool looking. My Jeep stove and cooking gear all fits in one pelican case, but it isn't set up to all connect together like that. I just use my tailgate table. The bigger full "family" setup I am putting together is quite a bit bigger than what could fit in a normal box. You can see the various pieces of it scattered throughout this thread. (Walmart kitchen, Brunton stove, coleman lantern, etc.) It could fit in the Jeep fine, but it would take up a lot of room.

I'll try to snap some pics this weekend of my stuff set up and in use.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Nice work. :clap2: I love seeing all of the different ideas and how everyone approaches their own needs with a little bit different solution.

GraniteCrystal

Nice work. :clap2: I love seeing all of the different ideas and how everyone approaches their own needs with a little bit different solution.

Thanks! Thought you might appreciate those. They're a nice, take out of the Jeep, alternative to the shelf system you have in yours.

Really digging the chuck boxes already posted. Granite nice work!

Our old setup was a big plastic tote I think a 30 gallon behemoth full of heavy old enamel plates our stove and pots/pans.

Now I lug around a BearVault BV500 and a Jet Boil Minimo. Freezer bag cooking instead of caring ice and perishables. It will never be as good as fresh meat and veggies but without the hassle and mess has been a good trade off for me.

GraniteCrystal

Sweet! Nice gear MTG! Here is a shot of my double Eno from last weekend. You'll love it.

Attachments

• 1464290229317.jpg
    1464290229317.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 231
Top Bottom