Tj questions

Mitrig

Is she going to wheel it?
budget boost would be the easiest- 2" coil spacers, maybe shock extensions, bumpstops to keep out of the flares. should be able to run 33's without a problem, but you will lose what little pep you have now from the 2.5 and 4.10 gears. I ran 33's with the 4.10's for about 6 months- hills will be an issue.

See my initial plan was to give her my set of 33s since I was upgrading to 37s and making the big jump but my dad doesn't want her to run 33s just yet since the rig already struggles getting up to highway speeds. I I'd pick up new shocks for her now just new toget the cool spacers and shock extensions.. Any tips on a what size would keep the pep of that motor 30inch fine?

grnt87

See my initial plan was to give her my set of 33s since I was upgrading to 37s and making the big jump but my dad doesn't want her to run 33s just yet since the rig already struggles getting up to highway speeds. I I'd pick up new shocks for her now just new toget the cool spacers and shock extensions.. Any tips on a what size would keep the pep of that motor 30inch fine?

Nothing over stock is going to keep the "pep".. I have 33s with 4.88 and I could run 70 mph at about 3300 rpm. Sounds like its running hard but it is fine. An intake and CAT back wll help to give a little more power as well as throwing a 4.0 throttle body on it will help. The "4 angry squirrels" has some good low end tourque, a capable wheeler. Good luck with her build! See you around...

Moabbnd

Nice cheap TJ! I own a 97 TJ with the 2.5L and 189k miles on the original drivetrain. It's slow with 33s and 35s, but still has the stock 4.10s. That jeep will be good and with only 100k miles, it'll last a long time with regular maintenance. Eventually expect a tick coming from the timing chain (its just the dampener that becomes rock hard and makes a tapping noise when the chain hits it) and the lifters get noisy depending on the PO. But it really all depends on the jeep. Enjoy!

Mitrig

Tossed on a se of silent armour on it since my sister won't be doing much off-roading and tossed on all my wal decals that I had left lol. I think the tires measured 30in or so. Not much bigger than stock. And swaped out the shocks so now it sits just about a inch and a half higher than stock. It's still pretty peppy off the line and into second but loses it all in third. And there is a slight vibration at 60 and 80 which is mind boggling

tjbowl

MetalCloak on a TJ

I have an 03 sport and its lifted 2.5" on 33" Nittos, I want to fit 35s in and have looked between the MetalCloak over line system and a 5.5" RockKrawler X Factor Plus with Coilovers. For the price the MetalCloak would be better, but any suggestions?

Top Bottom