Stay tuned for a sweet junkyard 60 swap!

David1tontj

Teaser pic.... Just dropped it in the garage tonight! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409022662.938322.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409022676.222370.jpg

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

David1tontj

Get tired of your Sterling or is this for someone/something other than your TJ?

It's supposed to be suspenseful Chris. 😁

i'll post more pics tomorrow night.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

David1tontj

Get tired of your Sterling or is this for someone/something other than your TJ?

Big shocker- looks like I need to narrow it several inches....

Here is what I plan to do with it...

View attachment 97387 View attachment 97388 View attachment 97389 tacoma springs
View attachment 97390 matching 40" iroks with same bolt pattern for emergency use on the jeep.
View attachment 97391 with the full floater 60, I plan on hollowing out the internals, and probably even removing the center section of the axle to cut down on weight and gain more ground clearance. By removing the pumpkin, I will have to drill and tap a new filler hole so the axle bearings can still get oil.

When I am finally done, I will have a trailer that I should be able to drag down the toughest of trails without worrying about ripping a tire off or bending a wimpy trailer axle.

mikefishes

Big shocker- looks like I need to narrow it several inches....

Here is what I plan to do with it...

View attachment 97387 View attachment 97388 View attachment 97389 tacoma springs
View attachment 97390 matching 40" iroks with same bolt pattern for emergency use on the jeep.
View attachment 97391 with the full floater 60, I plan on hollowing out the internals, and probably even removing the center section of the axle to cut down on weight and gain more ground clearance. By removing the pumpkin, I will have to drill and tap a new filler hole so the axle bearings can still get oil.

When I am finally done, I will have a trailer that I should be able to drag down the toughest of trails without worrying about ripping a tire off or bending a wimpy trailer axle.

I can't see any of the attachments. Can everyone else. Way to go with "suspenseful"!!! :clap2:

David1tontj

Ok guys- I changed my mind on the swap. After adding up how much I was going to be spending with the axle, leaf springs, shocks, and of coarse, 2, 40" tires-
I have decided to sell the little trailer on 32s and purchase something with a little more beef and ground clearance....

An m1102 Humvee trailer.

37" tires
High clearance axle
Pintle hitch
Surge brakes
Parking brakes
Outriggers
Aluminum box
Multiple tie downs
Super cool!

My good friend recommended that I sand the camo paint off and polish the aluminum. .... That would be a LOT of work! Not sure I'll be that motivated.

Also in the plan, maybe not right away, is to narrow the box about 12" so the tires stick out and I don't destroy it on the rocks.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410631789.029989.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410631831.978846.jpg

Top Bottom