Wave from Chijeepago burbs

JLSilerJK

Hey everyone,
Ya know that guy on the street who's head turns 180 degrees when you pass by? That used to be me. Now I'm sitting up high with the top off and a huge smile that goes ear to ear. A few months ago I found the JKX vids and I was pushed over the edge. Thank you to anyone that has had any part in those - totally cool. I'd always wanted a wrangler, this summer the time was right.

Recently got an 09 wrangler x with 46,000 mile on it. I was told it is factory lifted (used dealer) but I dont have any paperwork on it and have no idea how to figure it out. Are there any off road JK shops that this forum gives a thumbs up to in chicagoland? It pulls to the right a bit and I'd also like to be able to know the largest tires I could ride on how it is set up now. Currently 255/70's on 18's - I'm a noob but am thinking thats a lot of metal where some rubber could be?

hoping I can upload a pic of my first air down :), Jim

have a great day jeepers! ::waves::

Attachments

• 298.jpg
    298.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 37

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Welcome aboard and congrats on your JK:thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome to the WAYALIFE!

Second take a tour of the DIY thread on Proect-JK.com. There you will find a write up on a DIY Front End Alignment. Eddie has take the time to go step by step on how to do it.

Does the Jeep pull to the right when you are applying the brakes?

I have found that on some roads my Jeep will pull to the left or right depending on the crown of the road. I am running 35's on a 3 inch lift.

You can run 35's on a 2.5 inch lift with flat fenders.

Hope this helps out.

R/
Will

JLSilerJK

I went for a few small drives yesterday. I always have to hold the wheel to the left to have the jeep go straight. When I straighten out the wheel the jeep immediatly changes lanes. If I do try to align the wheel, as in the DIY section using the 15mm wrench at this time, would the jeep be off more to the right or would it counter the pull and fix it?Also I'm seeing a lil wear on the outside of the front passenger side tire. Has me thinking this may have to do with camber or toe but IDK.

Would you guys start with a tire balance and rotation; or a laser alignement to check specs (since jeep is new to me), or try the DIY steering wheel center?

Also my drag link turnbuckle is very rusty (dang midwest winters). A friend said to use salt water to make it easy to unlock the rust-is that the best product or way to go about it?

total noob questions- sorry, Jim

Top Bottom