Top Gear: Monument to Moab

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As luck would have it, I got contacted by Top Gear about a month ago asking if they could use some of the Moab footage we had. Unfortuantely, we were attending the JK-Experience during that time and, was unable to assist them. However, now that I've had a chance to see the episode they were going to use it on, I think I'm kinda glad that we weren't able to. Did any of you see it?

http://www.history.com/shows/top-gear/videos/top-gear-monument-to-moab#top-gear-monument-to-moab

If you watched it, I'd love to hear what you thought about it.

Indefatigable

Top Gear USA just is a poor shadow of the original Top Gear UK.

I got through the intro. Thumbs down. Its a different location for the same theme: beat the crap out of some cars, make dumb jokes, fail to entertain.

Markymark420

Nothing can compare to BBC's Top Gear!! I refuse to watch the US version.

Anyone ever catch the special when they dropped Jeremy, James, and Richard off in the middle of the S. American jungle? They had to drive their Range Rover, FJ40, and Samurai thru the jungle and over the Andes mts. Very reminiscent of "One Car too Far"

Indefatigable

So I watched it all the way though, sort of.

Only somewhat good part what when they just drove the mustang off a cliff. A fitting end for any and all V6 mustangs. Otherwise, meh.

JKsix

wayoflife said:
As luck would have it, I got contacted by Top Gear about a month ago asking if they could use some of the Moab footage we had. Unfortuantely, we were attending the JK-Experience during that time and, was unable to assist them. However, now that I've had a chance to see the episode they were going to use it on, I think I'm kinda glad that we weren't able to. Did any of you see it?

http://www.history.com/shows/top-gear/videos/top-gear-monument-to-moab#top-gear-monument-to-moab

If you watched it, I'd love to hear what you thought about it.

Watched the whole thing. Was not impressed. Glad your footage wasn't on it.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Have to say its good your footage isn't in there, or any way associated with that blatant disregard for treading lightly.

FoxC

the US version is a bust...an absolute joke. I watched the original while living in germany and looked forward to each episode. I havnt even completed one show since we have moved back.:naw:

BONDSY

I love the area, would even love to wheel those trails. But seeing the sigh would cause me to think twice.

top gear.jpg

Then the team proceeded to do all the land use issues that get these areas shut down. Rolling a mustang off a cliff. I'm think it would be great if we could get real experienced people to do these discovery type shows. I think this show could give others the wrong idea about accessing the area.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I remember discussing this with you in Michigan. LOL! Although I didn't make it past the 3 minute mark, I'm glad your footage wasn't used.

As an aside...if these hosts actually owned a jeep I'm pretty sure they'd have a roof rack, snorkel and a Northface jacket! :cheesy:

StrizzyChris

So in the off road world, yeah this is just stupid. BUT, if you watch it with an open mind, it was kinda funny! Their banter had me rolling :cheesy:

jktubby

Man that is just ridicolous. Eddie if they were to use your footage i would have hoped they used all 6 of your videos and made that just the show. You need a television show!! :thumb:

JKsix

jktubby said:
Man that is just ridicolous. Eddie if they were to use your footage i would have hoped they used all 6 of your videos and made that just the show. You need a television show!! :thumb:

Agreed!!!!!!!!

GCM 2

I tried to watch it, I completely understand what they were going for, but those three are just not funny. Comedy is dangerous, leave it to professional comedians. The new American version of Top Gear is just really a travesty when compared to the original British version. I'm really glad to see they acknowledged your skills by wanting to use your stuff, but happier you couldn't assist them. The show would have hacked up your footage anyway :icon_crazy:

Top Bottom