Assistance with my long arm install " EVO Bolt on long arm "

HLKSMSH

Yea I knew it pushed it back a lot guess I will leave the top mounts the way they are and clean up the lowers. That way I can start the rear and get back to wheeling.

sean.m.adams33

Question for you guys I held up one of the new mounts and noticed the location of the upper arm is no where close to the old upper mount do I have to clean up the old mount good for clearance or just cut off good? I cut it close to the frame but an OCD issue made me think I need to grind it down more.

I would clean it up all the way man. I think you'll be happier that way in the long run. Depending on how much you cut it shouldn't be a clearance issue.

HLKSMSH

Yea I got the front all cleaned up and the mounts installed today. It went slow Had to remove the exhaust and my help never showed up so was at it alone but on the good side all I have to do is put the arms on and the front is done

jesse3638

Hooked
nope looks like a auto skid bar! you are going to need a better skid anyway!

Ahh I was looking at that and trying to figure out what it is. I don't have one because mine is a manual..haha. Yes the install of my Full Traction long arm with everything else took me about 3 and a half weeks in my garage but was so happy with the way it came out. Lots of cutting and grinding. Everything had to be flat ans smooth. I had access to a plasma cutter but had very little experience with it and didn't want to cut the wrong thing accidentally.

HLKSMSH

Yea it has taken me three days but the front is done I guess when I get mack home next month I will drop the rear and do it.

Top Bottom