Assistance with my long arm install " EVO Bolt on long arm "

HLKSMSH

Dear Drew at Off Road Evolution I hate you rite now for sailing me this long arm kit. Its defiantly not a one man job that does not have a nice lift. I hate you since I have been working on it all day cutting, more cutting, and more cutting ad grinding. I will hate you till I get done with this job then love you guys again. I will say to anyone wanting this kit scheduled friends to come over and help you out and just a FYI you have to drop the gas tank.

HLKSMSH

LOL I am done for the day between a wife and two kids I did not get much done front end down and apart and one mount cut off. I did go get some actual cutting wheels so tomorrow will go faster I started with the front so the rear will not be as hard.

noroad

LOL I am done for the day between a wife and two kids I did not get much done front end down and apart and one mount cut off. I did go get some actual cutting wheels so tomorrow will go faster I started with the front so the rear will not be as hard.

i found that some cutting oil and a sawzall works great if you cant burn them off saves a ton of time!

HLKSMSH

i found that some cutting oil and a sawzall works great if you cant burn them off saves a ton of time!

Thanks for the Input I was going to try the sawzaw tomorrow on the rest of the front the rear should be easy with the grinder.

noroad

Thanks for the Input I was going to try the sawzaw tomorrow on the rest of the front the rear should be easy with the grinder.

i cut them all off with that and then grinded the little off i missed! worked pretty good!

Dear Drew at Off Road Evolution I hate you rite now for sailing me this long arm kit. Its defiantly not a one man job that does not have a nice lift. I hate you since I have been working on it all day cutting, more cutting, and more cutting ad grinding. I will hate you till I get done with this job then love you guys again. I will say to anyone wanting this kit scheduled friends to come over and help you out and just a FYI you have to drop the gas tank.

This is funny but it isn't but it is. ...I can so relate. .when I did the full traction long arm lift on my tj...I so had tourretes...

Hang in there. Good luck. After your done...this frustration will pass.

Sawsall was the only way I made it!!! It took me as much time to cut one by my grinder as it did all the rest with the sawsall! I cut mine so close I just left what was lift, just cleaned up the edges. I feel your pain doing it by yourself, but oh so worth it when your done!!!!!

HLKSMSH

So only got about 45min to work on the jeep today and yes Aspenkid you were correct the sawzall worked grate I got the other three front mounts cut off. I hope by lunch tomorrow I can have the front all cleaned up and put back together.

HLKSMSH

Question for you guys I held up one of the new mounts and noticed the location of the upper arm is no where close to the old upper mount do I have to clean up the old mount good for clearance or just cut off good? I cut it close to the frame but an OCD issue made me think I need to grind it down more.

JK1

So Anyone else have this happen? Snapped the zerk right off on the bolt for the gas tank strap..:banghead:

noroad

Question for you guys I held up one of the new mounts and noticed the location of the upper arm is no where close to the old upper mount do I have to clean up the old mount good for clearance or just cut off good? I cut it close to the frame but an OCD issue made me think I need to grind it down more.

you have a long arm most of the new arms are going to be moved back! when is comes to old mounts do as you wish as long as they are not in the way its ok. I left part of one near the gas tank because i didnt feel like getting that close! you can see it is only the inside of the old mount( look in between both arms)
d4-6.jpg

Top Bottom