Rubicat Double Throw Down

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Rubicat is now sitting a bit taller than she was prior to the DTD. I haven't taken an exact measurement but, she's sitting closer to 4" now but, I will most likely lower her a bit when I get a chance.

Moseley2011

Thank you for the quick response...what is your overall purpose for staying below 4 inches of lift?

moseley2011

JKWrang

Center of gravity - a vehicle does not need to be much taller than the intended tire and flex the user is looking for.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Tall lifts may "look" good but as mentioned, keeping your center of gravity low is a benefit. For me personally, "performance" is more important than "looks". :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
Thank you for the quick response...what is your overall purpose for staying below 4 inches of lift?

moseley2011

I might be mistaken but, I believe with a set up like the DTD your ride height also impacts wheel travel. Lowering would give extra wheel travel. Along with COG.

- Jason

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I might be mistaken but, I believe with a set up like the DTD your ride height also impacts wheel travel. Lowering would give extra wheel travel. Along with COG.

- Jason

Actually, wheel travel doesn't change. You'll still have the same amount but what does change is how much of a hit you can take when bombing through the desert. Staying taller will allow for more dampening on hard hits and this is the only reason why I haven't gone lower yet.

JAGS

Hooked
Actually, wheel travel doesn't change. You'll still have the same amount but what does change is how much of a hit you can take when bombing through the desert. Staying taller will allow for more dampening on hard hits and this is the only reason why I haven't gone lower yet.

That's what I get for thinking I know something. :cheesy:

Moseley2011

Now is their a drastic difference in the way Rubicat would handle compared to Moby considering the suspension is the same but Moby rides higher due to 40's vs 37's?

moseley2011

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's what I get for thinking I know something. :cheesy:

:cheesy: It's all good.

Now is their a drastic difference in the way Rubicat would handle compared to Moby considering the suspension is the same but Moby rides higher due to 40's vs 37's?

moseley2011

"drastic"? No, but there are differences especially being that Rubicat is running lighter axles and that a ProRock 44 will have a tighter turning radius too.

Jeeper Jr.

:cheesy: It's all good.

"drastic"? No, but there are differences especially being that Rubicat is running lighter axles and that a ProRock 44 will have a tighter turning radius too.

So which set up is better? Lighter and more maneuverable or powerful and bullet proof?
And does Rubicat do anything better than Moby?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

So which set up is better? Lighter and more maneuverable or powerful and bullet proof?
And does Rubicat do anything better than Moby?

I think when you compare things like this, its always good to use perspective. Its like asking which is better, a 2 door or a 4door. Each has its area of optimal use. Narrow=more maneuverability, fits through a tree heavy forest better. shorter wheelbase = better at turning and breakover angles, wider and longer wheelbase=more stability both laterally and vertically.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Plus Moby now has the 6.2 V8, coupled with the 40 inch tires he needs the pro rock 60/80 combo to keep it all together.

I hope when my jeep grows up he can be just like Moby! Lol.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Plus Moby now has the 6.2 V8, coupled with the 40 inch tires he needs the pro rock 60/80 combo to keep it all together.

I hope when my jeep grows up he can be just like Moby! Lol.

Lol I just want to live in an area where I can justify that setup. Then ill worry about making my jeep grow up. :thumbup:

2014 JKUR

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
There isn't a lot around me to justify it either. I'm justifying it just on the fact that I want to drive mine to those places, wheel it for however long I want to, then drive it home. Hopefully with minimal or no breaks.

Top Bottom